Disney Live Action Movies

Started by Spark Of Spirit, January 11, 2012, 12:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

The only real problem with GMD is the bar scene doesn't really go anywhere. But the people at EW really seemed to magnify that as why it failed and isn't good for kids or adults.

Otherwise, you have one of Disney's best protagonists and antagonists both together on screen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Have you guys been keeping up with Brad Bird's 1952 project? It's officially titled Tomorrowland now, but it just sounds so cool.

Here's some really neat hints about it so far.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

No-Personality

I'm actually planning a review type thread dedicated to DLAC's. Right here ... here this forum, is this board category the right place for it?

I'll announce up-front my blind-spots / movies which won't be on the list (because I just don't own them yet and am still pretty darn broke): Treasure Island, Davy Crockett, Babes in Toyland, Son of Flubber, and any of the half-animated features like Poppins, Broomsticks, Dragon, and almost everything from the 80's and 90's. But, there will be over 30 total. And all the other major classics accounted for. As well as some non-classics.

Quote from: Avaitor on January 11, 2012, 08:02:46 PMTh thing I don't get about the remake is that Christina Ricci was playing a 16-year-old at like 35. It just really didn't make any sense.
Yeah- she was born in 1980.

;D
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Quote from: No-Personality on March 22, 2013, 12:46:26 AM
I'm actually planning a review type thread dedicated to DLAC's. Right here ... here this forum, is this board category the right place for it?
Go for it!

New blog!

No-Personality

I shall. We'll call it a month-long project- a new article/review/tribute each day. Though I'm not going to wait for April. I'll start within the weekend.

Although... I do have to put up a kind of warning beforehand. Not for spoilers, although I just might spoil some endings. I watched them all in January and... let's just say there is a very good reason Disney is mostly known for their animation. Which you'll find out soon enough.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

TCM is airing a night of Walt-era Disney on December 21st, and this is the schedule.

8pm: Santa's Workshop (1932)/On Ice (1935)/Chip an' Dale (1947)
8:30pm: The Disneyland Story (1954)/The Reluctant Dragon (1941)
11:00pm: Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier (1955)
12:45am: The Vanishing Prairie (1954)
2am: Third Man on the Mountain (1959)
4am: Perilous Assignment (1959)

Talk about a big night! There's a little bit of everything- classic animated shorts, original TV episodes, a True Life Adventure, and a solid movie. I recommend checking at least some of this out if you want to see what this era was like for the company beyond just their animated films.

New blog!