"Superman Lives" "Talkback" (Spoilers?)

Started by Lord Dalek, June 13, 2013, 10:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

"Kill Superman? Look, I've had everyone who was ever a thorn in my side done away with. From my third-grade teacher to my third wife, nothing eases friction like... (mimes a gun to the head) Pow -- you know what I'm saying? Superman would've been dead as white weddings if it weren't for the fact that he's from Krypton -- whatever the hell that is -- which means he can't be killed." - Lex Luthor

Unrelease Date: July 4, 1998
Studio: Warner Bros./The Peters Company
Director: Tim Burton
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Starring: Nicholas Cage, Chris Rock

Plot Summary: An insecure Clark Kent is unable to admit his feelings for the human woman whom he loves, Lois Lane. Before he is able to resolve those feelings with her, Doomsday appears to challenge him. Just as in the comics, they fight to their respective deaths. As Superman dies in Lois' arms, he finally confesses his feelings to her. Unbeknowst to either of them, this final confession not only releases his soul from his body, but said soul enters the body of Lois. She soon discovers that she is pregnant with Superman's child. Days later, the child is born and within the span of three weeks, he grows into the body of a 21-year-old man. As Lois is killed in the middle of the film (by what has not been confirmed, but some reports list it as the resurrected Doomsday), the new-born assumes his birthright as the new Superman and defeats the villain, saving the world.

COMMENTS?!?!

...there you go Marquis.

Dr. Insomniac

I remember buying an all-region copy of this movie at Pacific Mall once. Nothing made sense, and the subtitles for L-Ron's dialogue felt like some kind of Black Speech, but I was entertained. Liked the acting from the spider too.

Foggle