Favorite Anime

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer2

Quote from: VLordGTZ on July 05, 2016, 01:44:04 AM
Yu Yu Hakusho is available to watch on Funimation's site without a subscription as long as you're willing to watch ads.  Unfortunately, you won't be able to watch it in HD, but the footage is still from the blu-ray remaster so it looks really nice.  If you enjoyed HxH, then I'd definitely recommend checking it out.

Thanks. I didn't even realize they did it similar to Crunchyroll.

Now, another option. There's really too many things to watch.

Spark Of Spirit

Gokudo was license-rescued by Discotek.

Not sure if anyone here knows of it, but the show has got its fans.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

GTO dub is on Crunchyroll.

Go watch Steve Blum and Kirk Thorton be nutty.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

LumRanmaYasha

I'll be glad to complete my Ranma 1/2 anime collection on blu-ray! Really hoping they'll include the OVA from 2008 too, even if it's not dubbed. Though it'd be amazing if they did put in to effort to dub it as well.

Spark Of Spirit

The new Peace Maker Kurogane anime on the way is a full on series.

It's being done by White Fox, who are currently doing Re:Zero, so it's bound to get quite a bit of attention.

Spark Of Spirit

Discotek's new licenses:

Eat-Man
Eat-Man '98
Cosmo Warrior Zero
Gun Frontier
The Galaxy Railways: A Letter from the Abandoned Planet (OVA)

I wonder if this will lead to a release of the second half of Galaxy Railways? I would hope so.

Spark Of Spirit

Which Showa Era anime should be remade?

• Galaxy Express 999
  • The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
  • Akira
  • Dragon Ball
  • Sherlock Hound
  • Captain Tsubasa
  • Aoki Ryusei SPT Layzner
  • Gunbuster
  • Space Adventure Cobra, Armored Trooper Votoms (tie)
I would take a Fist of the North Star remake if MAPPA and Nishimura were behind it, personally. Otherwise I'm not sure how many of the ones on that list would actually be improved if done now besides obvious ones like Akira.

Not that I wouldn't watch a new 999, Cobra, or Votoms, mind you.

In unrelated news, this teaser was revealed:

LumRanmaYasha

While it's not a remake, we are getting a new Cobra series being made in France, which I'm super excited for.

I'd like to see a remake of most of the series on those list. Not necessarily because I think they could all be done better now, but because I like those properties and would love to see modern versions of them. As for a series that I think has a lot of potential for a reboot, I think one of the most interesting would be Stop!! Hibari-kun, the hilariously politically incorrect yet surprisingly progressive comedy about the transgender daughter of yakuza boss. It's not something that you'd see in Shonen Jump today, and the concept has a lot of potential for social satire and could strike a chord with a new audience in these more LGBT friendly times. If they ever did it they have to keep the original opening theme, though. It's too perfect to replace.

Spark Of Spirit

The favorite of several people here:

Premium box set info

The release date is February 28th and it includes a dub.

gunswordfist

Favorite anime villains, ending at Legato. No manga exclusives, atm.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Nice list! I assume Hakumen is your favorite based on how big his picture is.  ;)

I made this grid of my favorite anime/manga villains a while ago, but I don't think I posted it on here so I might as well do it now:

gunswordfist

Yes he is. I made my list after yours...ah fuck, I forgot to list Souther... :(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

Since the year is over, I thought that I'd list my favorite anime of 2016:

10. ReLIFE
9. Yuri on Ice
8. March Comes in like a Lion
7. The Disastrous Life of Saki K
6. Mob Psycho 100
5. Ushio & Tora Season 2
4. Assassination Classroom Season 2
3. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
2. Re:Zero
1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

I ended up excluding a few shows that I still need to watch more of/finish (like Sailor Moon Crystal Season III), but this is still a pretty accurate representation of what I enjoyed this year.  Overall, 2016 was very good year for anime, and 2017 is looking equally bright with all the shows that have been announced so far.

Spark Of Spirit

1. Ushio & Tora second season
2. My Hero Academia
3. Erased
4. Haikyu season 2/3
5. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
6. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
7. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
8. Mob Psycho 100

I didn't watch enough to make a top 10, but that's still incredible for me. I haven't watched that many new series in one year in a long time.