Donkey Kong series

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 02, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Awesome.

I really hope this means Funky runs the shop, then all the best Kongs are in the game.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

It's funny that they passed on Kiddy Kong. Nothing lost there. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Tidbits revealed:

1080p
David Wise composed the entire soundtrack
Funky Kong runs the item shop
First five worlds are: Lost Mangroves, Autumn Heights. Bright Savannah, Seabreeze Cove, and Juicy Jungle
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 18, 2013, 09:44:28 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 18, 2013, 03:03:50 PM

David Wise composed the entire soundtrack

This is awesome.
Some of the videos today played some of the music. There's no mistaking that David Wise feel to the tracks. The soundtrack should be great.

That cliff theme from the E3 demo is still lodged in my head, too.

talonmalon333

I'll have to take a look, then.

DKCR had a good soundtrack, but it didn't have that same, somber feeling of DKC 1 and 2's soundtracks. Everything was a bit loud and bombastic in it.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Glad to hear Funky's back doing what he does best. Also is there any hope of hearing remixed songs from DKC2 or 3?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on December 19, 2013, 10:34:52 AMAlso is there any hope of hearing remixed songs from DKC2 or 3?
I'd say so. We know he remixed Jungle Hijinks already, so some DKC2 and 3 tracks aren't out of the question, but the new tracks he's made are pretty great, too.

It's probably gonna be the best soundtrack of 2014 unless Smash 4 wriggles out.

talonmalon333

My favorite David Wise tracks are Stickerbrush Symphony, Jib Jig, Forest Interlude, and Aquatic Ambiance.

Spark Of Spirit

Mine is Hot Head Bop, but that's pretty unlikely to hear in this game since there probably won't be any volcano levels.

I actually can't believe it wasn't in world 8 of Returns. Such a missed opportunity.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 19, 2013, 04:09:47 PM
Mine is Hot Head Bop, but that's pretty unlikely to hear in this game since there probably won't be any volcano levels.

I actually can't believe it wasn't in world 8 of Returns. Such a missed opportunity.

Wasn't DKCR just a remix of the first game, ignoring 2?

And Hot Head Bop is another great one. I could probably make a top 10 list of DKC2 tunes alone.

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, there were no remixes of DKC2 or 3, or even GBA 3 in Returns. Just the usual tunes from 1 and some fairly forgettable new tunes.

Hopefully Mr. Wise will be pulling all the stops out on this one. Returns was really lacking in the soundtrack department.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 19, 2013, 04:18:06 PM
Yeah, there were no remixes of DKC2 or 3, or even GBA 3 in Returns. Just the usual tunes from 1 and some fairly forgettable new tunes.

Hopefully Mr. Wise will be pulling all the stops out on this one. Returns was really lacking in the soundtrack department.

I wouldn't say really lacking, but yeah, DKCR's soundtrack wasn't as good. But it had some good remixes, and I actually like DKCR's remix of the mine theme more than the original version. I also like the jazzy tune of the sunset level.

The new tunes weren't too memorable, though.

Kiddington

A Dave Wise interpretation of Treetop Tumble would be heaven. Autumn Heights, man; don't let me down.  :swoon:

Still though, this is easily becoming my most anticipated game of 2014. It just all looks so good.

Spark Of Spirit

Has anybody heard the released tracks for Tropical Freeze yet? David Wise is back and in full form!