Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 02, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

They remixed "that track"!

EDIT: In case you don't want to hear the remixes, I'm referring to:

Sticker-brush Symphony (DKC2)
Aquatic Ambience (DKC1)
Lockjaw's Saga (DKC2) - and my personal favorite of the three
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Is Tropical Freeze out yet?

Spark Of Spirit

February 21st.

That track in the "Wing Ding" stage is too good.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Donkey Kong was one of my favorite games on the Wii, probably after Galaxy and Metroid. Here's hoping this will be another instant classic.

Eddy

Going by the reviews it seems like everyone loves Tropical Freeze! Except for Gamespot, who gave it a 6/10, but who trusts Gamespot after they fired Jeff Gertsmann for his Kane & Lynch review? :??:

(Also the guy who reviewed it apparently went in wanting to hate it, was mad Retro was making DKC and not Metroid, and has been known for making clickbaiting reviews in the past like when he gave BioShock Infinite a 4/10)

talonmalon333

I actually thought I had seen the game get quite a few 7s. I just figured those reviewers were negative on it for being so similar to the last game in terms of style, regardless of how good it is.

Eddy

Yeah, some reviews have also been giving 7s saying that "it won't save the Wii U" as if that should be a criteria when scoring the game itself. :wth:

talonmalon333

Ocarina of Time didn't save the Nintendo 64 from losing to the PlayStation in terms of sales. 7 out of 10.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The current Metacritic score for the game is 81/100, so I think it's safe to say that most reviewers generally like the game, and that reviewers like the one from Gamespot are in the minority.

Spark Of Spirit

From all impressions it's an excellent game that is superior to the previous game in the series and is going to be one of this year's top games.

Didn't Gamespot (or some major reviewer) say the soundtrack was average? Whoever that was needs to be discarded immediately. Every track I've heard from this game has been excellent.

gunswordfist

I'm surprised I've never been in this thread.

From what I heard, the soundtrack is great.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

That's normal for these games. Even 3's soundtrack was above average.

Avaitor

Well what did EGM's review say?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Anybody catch this?

One of my favorites:

QuoteYOU ASKED: How old are you, Cranky???
QuoteOld enough to remember when falling in a pit in a platformer was called "lack of skill" and not "cheap."

I have my copy here but I'm not going to be able to go into it until tomorrow for multiplayer related reasons.

Daxdiv

I bought it since Toys R Us was giving out a $10 gift card with the purchase of it. So far, I've only beaten the first world and it's a pretty good game. The graphics are pretty sharp, Diddy, Dixie and Cranky each bring something different to them, and the boss fight was pretty interesting.