Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on September 22, 2013, 11:57:50 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on September 22, 2013, 11:18:11 PM
Quote from: Foggle on September 22, 2013, 11:16:29 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on September 22, 2013, 11:03:59 PM
That rap was the only fun part of DK64.
This x1000.
That's why the game is garbage.
You're right, it was just the opening song, not the horrible item collection, awful mini-games, garbage camera, lame boss fights, banal level design, and recycled gameplay from 80's arcade titles. :sly:
The rap is the only fun part of the game which is why the game is garbage.  :-X
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on September 22, 2013, 11:57:50 PM
You're right, it was just the opening song, not the horrible item collection, awful mini-games, garbage camera, lame boss fights, bananal level design, and recycled gameplay from 80's arcade titles. :sly:

I swear I read it like this initially. The imagined pun made me lol.

Kiddington

Really wish it'd get a VC re-release, if only to see how it holds up in a modern day review.

My guess is not very well.

talonmalon333

First we need the DK Country games to return to VC.

Spark Of Spirit

They probably need to remove the Jet-Pac game and stuff like that first.

I'm not sure if they'll bother. Nintendo doesn't like DK64 too much.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Repeating that I personally hope the game never gets a re-release.  Let it fall into obscurity.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

I only want it just for the sheer number of "what were we thinking" reviews that'd be sure to come about once people actually play it again and realize how terrible it is.

On a somewhat more positive note though, I still want one of these.

Eddy

I never beat DK64 because I could never get the N64 or Rareware coins.

Foggle

While the original Donkey Kong is not a particularly hard game, I simply could not beat it as a kid. I literally did everything else in that game, but even after weeks of playing, I was never able to get the Nintendo coin. Such a shame, as I've heard that the final boss is one of the only good things about DK64.

talonmalon333

The final boss was just kind of weird as far as I'm concerned. And I didn't like that, in the final segment of it, you weren't controlling Donkey Kong. Just seems like a design error.

Eddy

I actually liked the DK Rap because of how awful it was.

As a whole, DK64 had a pretty good soundtrack. Of course you can't really go wrong with Grant Kirkhope.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I'm disappointed too. It's my most anticipated platformer of the year. But christ, that thread is all kinds of awful. Especially this guy.

QuoteEvery time I remember that this is coming out instead of a new Metroid, my heart aches.

Spark Of Spirit

I wonder if Fire Emblem fans had to hear this whining after Super Metroid came out and there were no Metroid games for two generations.

What I'm saying is that the most annoying Nintendo fans are Metroid fans.