Donkey Kong series

Started by Spark Of Spirit, July 02, 2013, 04:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Lots of new footage

Shame it seems rocket barrel levels are back. At least you get an additional hit in them this time, but I hope they're sparse this time.

Everything else looks far better than Returns.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I didn't mind the rocket barrel levels. What was wrong with them?

Spark Of Spirit

One hit deaths and button tapping. But since it seems to give you a second hit on both those and the mine cart levels I'm less inclined to dislike them.

So long as there's no world like the cave one in Returns.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 09, 2013, 08:23:31 PM
I didn't mind the rocket barrel levels. What was wrong with them?

World 8-2.

Spark Of Spirit

I honestly didn't like world 8 much at all.

Avaitor

If that's the same level I'm thinking about, me either.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

So the rumor out there is that the fourth character is

Spoiler
CRANKY KONG
[close]

I think I can live with that.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

He needs to be severely crippled in order to live up to his legacy.

Kiddington

Avaitor

They need to add some stages akin to the original Donkey Kong if it's true.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I'm not sure how I would feel if that turned out to be true. Though admittedly, it's not like Retro could even write good dialogue for him as a side NPC (Cranky Kong sucked in DKCR. They had a massive opportunity to have him poke fun at motion controls and other modern gaming stuff, but didn't do it. Could've been comedic gold).

Spark Of Spirit

Well maybe if Funky runs the store instead his dialogue will be easier to write.

talonmalon333

Rare was just perfect at handling humor. So I should've been ready for a Retro DKC to not be as funny, but I was still disappointed by Cranky in it. His dialogue was so funny in DKC1 and 2. And even in DKC3, where he only spoke single lines during that shooting gallery mini-game, he was really funny.

Kiddington

Cranky confirmed.

Welp... this should be interesting.

Daxdiv

From the footage, he kind of plays like Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales/Remastered. He bounces around on a cane.