What Are You Listening To II: Whole Lotta Music

Started by Avaitor, July 06, 2013, 03:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Blues Traveler - "Carolina Blues"

How was this not more popular? Don't care what anyone says, these guys still had plenty left in them after "Four".

No-Personality

Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

Avaitor

Black Sabbath- "The Mob Rules"

YOU'RE ALL FOOLS
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Commode

Saw them in concert before they were big back around 2002, the local radio station gave away tickets to shows by bands that were unknown at the time(I saw bands like Chevelle, Story of the Year, and Hawthorne Heights this way as well before they broke out).  I honestly haven't listened to their music in several years, but I don't really dislike them, that's about as positive as I can say.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

My sister had their first CD and I basically usurped it from her. Most of the songs on there sounded the same, "My Immortal" aside, but I really did like a couple of tracks.

I don't know where it is and I haven't been keeping up with them, but I always leave the station on when "Bring Me to Life" comes on.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

The first half of the debut is excellent (the second half isn't anywhere near as memorable), the second album is uninspired garbage, and the third album is inbetween the first two in terms of quality. It sure as shit is a lot more listenable than the second one.

If you like them, talon, check out the one album by We Are The Fallen, it consists of the Evanescence members who left after the first album (including the guy who wrote most of the first album's hits), and some chick who was on American Idol. I don't think it's quite as good as the Evanescence debut, but I like it more than their second and third.

What I hear happened is that the singer (Amy something or other?) got a bit of an ego after the first album, the guy who was essentially writing everything left because of it, and it really showed on the second album because everything Amy wrote for it was mediocre. Could be wrong though.

Spark Of Spirit

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity

Y'all should listen to this album instead.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Garbage - "Automatic Systematic Habit"

Quote from: talonmalon333 on March 17, 2014, 06:15:13 PM
What do you guys think of Evanescence?

Hmm..........well, "Going Under" is a great song. The rest of the album didn't do too much for me though. Second album was awful. Still haven't checked out the third.

Avaitor

Motley Crue- "Live Wire"

The only song worth giving a damn about on their first album IMO. The rest of it has this weird DIY production to it which does not fit with the band's sound at all.

New blog!

talonmalon333

As far as Evanescence goes, the only songs I would call myself a big fan of are Bring Me to Life and My Immortal. I love both songs a lot, though. Kind of wish they'd play at the Mann Center, though.

Avaitor

Silversun Pickups- "Broken Bottles"

This EP was so good, ugh.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Had to look it up. Never even heard of that EP.  :(

Must have it!

Spark Of Spirit

Jimmy Eat World - Lucky Denver Mint

Seriously, y'all.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton