Regular Show

Started by Daxdiv, December 31, 2010, 11:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora

Me and my sister love this show. For reals!  :swoon:

I don't know why, but Benson is my favorite so far. Sure it's formula gets a tad old, but meh it works. Honestly, some of the episodes that have strayed from the formula seemed to have been the worse for me. Especially, the Mucsle Man ones. :-/

Geezer

Regular Show is one of the few cartoons I watch anymore, and with good reason.  It's witty, enjoyable, and is far and away better than anything else on Cartoon Network.  It would have fit right in with the Cartoon Cartoon era, IMHO.

That being said, the last two episodes or so have been kind of weak.  I guess they're just burning off the weaker plots as we near the end of the season, but still, it's a little disappointing.

Avaitor

Anyone have any favorite episodes so far? I've been wanting to watch some more of the show.

So far, "Don" really impressed me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

chdr

Favorite episode would probably be "High Score", if just for the giant floating Billy Mitchell head.

Daxdiv

I like "But I have the Receipt" if only for the final moments where they let their imaginations get the better of them and ended up injuring the store clerk.

That and "Rage Against the TV" It was nice to see an episode where everyone was nice to each other and wanting to play the game.

gunswordfist

So far to pick a favorite episode. I guess I'd have to go with Giant Beardo Face episode as well or the Benson episode where Steven Jay Blum guest stars as the previous groundskeeeper turned bum. The end of that episode is so....fucking...awesome!!!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Sketch

I'm really glad Regular Show has done well and shows no signs of stopping. It's kind of amazing that 35 episodes have aired in less than a year (though they're quarter hour episodes).

It's been a while since I've enjoyed a CN comedy this much.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

The one with the house party and old soda is the one that I enjoyed the most. I haven't seen any episodes since April since I had to move shortly afterwards.

Dr. Insomniac

Haven't had much of a chance to catch up on the show, but Dizzy was the one that hit the spot for me, if only for Iacedrom and Ybgir.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 09, 2011, 11:21:38 PM
Haven't had much of a chance to catch up on the show, but Dizzy was the one that hit the spot for me, if only for Iacedrom and Ybgir.
Should have noticed the backwards names earlier.

Katie Holt

Regular Show is the only CN show currently that I can say I love.

I recently saw High Score for the first time. Hilarious, just like every other episode I've watched. No other CN comedy can lay claim to this.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

gunswordfist

Yeah, probably the only good comedy on CN

Kiddington

Man, this thread is dusty. Anyway, in case you guys haven't heard, Regular Show is set to make its DVD debut this spring.

Unfortunately, it's nothing to write home about; another one of WHV's patented "best-of" volumes, par for the course in the way they usually handle anything that pertains to CN. Doesn't make any sense why they're going this route, considering this set will contain 12 episodes from Seasons 1-2, when Season 1 alone consists of only 12 episodes. Seems like a major waste of time, and there are some rather glaring omissions here ("Don", "The Unicorns Have Got to Go", etc.). But, this is probably the best we're going to get, I'm sure.

It's set to arrive this April, if anyone's interested.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I didn't really like Don or the Unicorns episode.

Sucks that the DVD release is botched like that, but I'll take what I can have. I like almost all those episodes anyway, and it conveniently comes out right after my birthday. Gonna have a good time with that and Xenoblade.

Mr. Big

Thought I show this. I took a storyboard test for "Regular Show", which Cartoon Network sent me. These are warm-up sketches of some of the characters.