The Last of Us

Started by Peanutbutter, July 30, 2013, 10:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peanutbutter

I have no idea why there's no thread for this, but that ends now.

I remember feeling weird about the hype this generated at E3 came out, because all there was of it was the trailer that I knew of. But you know what? This game meets the hype and then some. I love the Uncharted series, but this is even better. The premise of the game is based of something that actually exists in real life. The dialogue and characters are well-written. The level of tension throughout the game's storyline is tremendous. This is much different survival horror game than all the others. Plus, the Multiplayer is pretty fun.

Anyone else here played it?

Foggle

Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 30, 2013, 10:33:06 AM
The premise of the game is based of something that actually exists in real life.
...The zombie apocalypse? ???

I definitely want to play it, as everyone tells me it's excellent, but it's not at the top of my list.

Nel_Annette

It's based off of a freaky-ass fungus that infects ants and other insects. They showcased it on an episode of Planet Earth once. And it's legit creepy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on July 30, 2013, 12:09:58 PM
It's based off of a freaky-ass fungus that infects ants and other insects. They showcased it on an episode of Planet Earth once. And it's legit creepy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps
GOOD LORD :whuh: :whuh:

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Foggle on July 30, 2013, 11:15:08 AM
Quote from: Peanutbutter on July 30, 2013, 10:33:06 AM
The premise of the game is based of something that actually exists in real life.
...The zombie apocalypse? ???

I definitely want to play it, as everyone tells me it's excellent, but it's not at the top of my list.

Oh it should be, because it is excellent.  ;)

Foggle

I've heard nothing but praise for it, so I'll be sure to check it out by the end of the year, don't worry. :)

Spark Of Spirit

This is a game that the hype absolutely put me off of, but being that it is Naughty Dog at the end of the day means I should give it a chance. But I'll probably wait for it to be dirt cheap in a few months for that.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton