Remakes/Ports Discussion

Started by talonmalon333, July 31, 2013, 11:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 25, 2015, 04:58:57 PMHow come they won't port Castlevania: Bloodlines and Rocket Knight Adventures?

Because Konami.

talonmalon333

It's especially weird for Bloodlines. Most other Castlevania games have been ported at least once. But for some reason, they just aren't porting this one.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on January 25, 2015, 06:53:20 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 25, 2015, 04:58:57 PMHow come they won't port Castlevania: Bloodlines and Rocket Knight Adventures?

Because Konami.
Throw in Contra: Hard Corps. as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

why'd you have to hurt my feelings?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Is Konami just weird about porting their Genesis games?

gunswordfist

i was just thinking that. apparently so.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Konami is exceptionally bad about porting their old games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Metroid Prime Trilogy is now up on the Wii U eshop for ten bones. If you don't have it, well, now you've got your chance!

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 29, 2015, 06:04:51 PM
Do you have them, Spark?
I do. Haven't really sat down to play them in a while, though.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 29, 2015, 06:34:39 PM
Do you have them, Spark?

Have you played through them? You've been kind of quiet about these games. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on January 29, 2015, 06:36:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 29, 2015, 06:34:39 PM
Do you have them, Spark?

Have you played through them? You've been kind of quiet about these games. :P
Never beat them. I'll probably set aside some time and go through them eventually. They're pretty good games.

talonmalon333

Since it doesn't look like Nintendo is going to release GameCube games on the Wii U VC, I'd like to see them port Thousand-Year Door. Maybe even release it in a set alongside Paper and Super Paper Mario.

Of course, there are other GameCube games that also should be ported. I just felt like mentioning this one.

talonmalon333

I just remembered another GBA port. Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, a port of Kirby's Adventure. What did you guys think of that one?

Foggle

Haven't played it yet, but I believe it's actually a full-on remake rather than a port. Will hopefully be buying it from the Wii U VC soon, though!