Space Dandy

Started by Foggle, August 10, 2013, 11:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Episode 17 ratings: 750,000

...To be fair, it was a really bad night not just for Toonami, but [as] in general. But yeah, not liking this downward trend...

gunswordfist

wait, how many years has the trigun manga been running?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 03, 2014, 07:17:54 PM
wait, how many years has the trigun manga been running?

I'm not sure what that has to do with Space Dandy, but the Trigun manga ran from 1996-2008. Note that when the manga was transferred to a seinin magazine it was renamed Trigun Maximum, which is regarded as a sequel/separate series, but really, it's the same dang manga and a direct continuation of the story. The anime borrows elements from all of Trigun and the first three volumes of Maximum, although it significantly changed much of the material in order to tell a self-contained story.

gunswordfist

because you mentioned trigun a few pages back. i assumed the series ended in like the 90s or something until you mentioned the manga got popular enough to warrant the recent movie.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

Daikun

Episode 18 ratings: 857,000

These are the best ratings season 2 has had so far.

Lord Dalek

...and they're still pretty terrible.

Daikun

Interesting...

Quote[Masahiko Minami] announced that BONES will release 3 adaptations as well as one original show in 2015 as well as expressing his wish to produce a Space Dandy movie should the TV series become a success.

Daikun

LumRanmaYasha

Family Guy really works wonders for Toonami's ratings.

LumRanmaYasha

Episode 20 ratings: 873,000

A step down, especially since Titan cracked 1.4 million and Bleach retained 1.1 million...

Avaitor

Has another season been confirmed yet? Because if not, it's safe to assume that Dandy's done.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I don't think it was ever planned to last beyond two cours, anyway, so it's not really that big a deal. Especially since it's guaranteed to rerun since [as] co-funded it.

Avaitor

Well, I've been catching up on the show, and damn, what is up with the high school episode?

I think... I think that I kind of love it, actually.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, I liked the second half of that episode quite a bit, myself. Though, last week's episode is my favorite of this season so far.