The Ren & Stimpy Show

Started by Neomysterion X. Prime, January 01, 2011, 08:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Yikes. Hopefully he'll spend the rest of his life in the prison cell he deserves.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I also hope he gets thrown in the slammer.

That said, I really hope Ren and Stimpy is only off Nick's other channel temporarily. He only worked on the first season, they don't need to take it off permanently just because their creator was a creep. I haven't rewatched R&S in ages but I don't want people who worked on it that had nothing to do with what happened lose out royalties over this.

Avaitor

He did the first two seasons, although I believe he was let go near the end of season 2. That's still only about a third of the show's run though, so it shouldn't sully the rest of it. I'd say that maybe the Spumco run should be retired, but if I recall right, Nickelodeon already discards a pretty significant fraction of the whole run already.

Also, that may have been a fake account? Either way, I have no sympathy for Kricfalusi.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Really puts Ren Seeks Help in a new light.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

I've seen people on other boards bring that up. Also puts that episode where they hang out with that kid with the deranged father in a new light.

Dr. Insomniac

John finally replied about this situation.
Spoiler

[close]

Avaitor

Creepy as shit. Making every other line about himself helps nothing.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

I just don't understand the reason for this. Besides having a disgraced creator and a previous disastrous reboot, the show isn't exactly quite as popular as it used to be, even in the nostalgic market. From what I've seen from 90's Nick fans, it would be a smarter investment to follow up the Rocko or Arnold movie with another season for either of those.

I guess it kind of makes sense in that Comedy Central is looking for more programming, particularly animation, as it's going through an identity crisis. It makes sense to pair R&S with Beavis and Butthead, as Viacom has done in the past. But still, make something else.

New blog!

Daikun

Bob Camp wasn't even informed of this.

Daxdiv

Who is this even for? With Beavis & Butthead their concept is their stupidity & it would be interesting to see how their stupidity has adapted to the current times. Clone High at least ended on a cliffhanger, so you could at least continue off of that. Jodie is at least a follow up to a character in Daria & can somewhat work. I'm still surprised they decided to dust off Ren and Stimpy for this, considering how APC was pretty much the thing that put the series on ice before everyone decided to finally cut John K out of the animation sphere with his behavior. Then again, if it wasn't for the allegations, I'm pretty sure that his failed attempt at making Cans Without Labels probably killed his career for good. I could have sworn that I read that Bob Camp said that he tried to pitch a Ren & Stimpy short to run in front of the 2nd Spongebob Movie, but the Paramount executives thought that RS brand was poison thanks to APC.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on August 05, 2020, 12:39:40 PM
From what I've seen from 90's Nick fans, it would be a smarter investment to follow up the Rocko or Arnold movie with another season for either of those.
Yeah, they couldn't wipe the dust off that Patakis pitch? Or call Jhonen to make more Zim? They had options to dig up other shows for CC. Why choose the cartoon made by a child groomer over those?

Peanutbutter

As long as the pedophile is not involved (and its been said he's not going to make a single penny from this reboot either), I'll give this a shot.

Daikun

Bob Camp states the reboot may have been shelved.

Avaitor

Good news if true. John K's terrible behavior would have been more than enough to shelve any further continuation of the franchise, but even besides that and the piss-poor reception of APC, I have to ask- is there really a need for more Ren & Stimpy today? The show's content really seems like something better suited to stay in the 90's.

New blog!