Games That You Think Other Members On This Board Should Play

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 11, 2013, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

For $10? Certainly. It has its moments of tedium and the story is utter garbage, but the good far outweighs the bad for the most part.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was looking on Amazon to see how much a used PS3 is currently going for. In most cases it's still at least $150, so fuck that.

The Wii on the other hand can easily be found for under $50 these days from various sources. If I don't need a memory card for it, then I can spend money on one full bundle, as well as buying a GC controller, and the GC remake of Resident Evil (which is actually reasonably priced, along with RE0, compared to the GC re-releases of the other RE games).

If I have enough birthday money left over after that, I'll buy Zelda Twilight Princess. Of course, I don't intend on doing any of this next month when I start my winter break.

Grave

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 07, 2013, 07:17:11 PM
I was looking on Amazon to see how much a used PS3 is currently going for. In most cases it's still at least $150, so fuck that.

Honestly, there's really no point for having both a 360 and PS3 outside of very few exclusives like Uncharted/Halo or you want to play the multiplayers on the PS3? I gave my 360 to my brother because I spend most of, if not all my time on my PS3. I originally had the 360 because I planned on playing and watching the replays of SSF4 for both the 360 and PS3, but when you have people like SSF4evo putting up videos of high level play on youtube it because rather pointless to even save those replay videos. And then as far as playing the fighting games, while it's probably better on the 360 due to Live, both me and my brother-in-law prefer fighting games on the ps3.

Foggle

I think I own like 9 PS3 exclusives, and there are quite a few more I want to get. Of course, of those 9, almost all of them are Yakuza or Ratchet & Clank games, but I still think the PS3 has a pretty sizable library of quality exclusive titles.

Also, if you buy a Wii, you should just get the Wii version of REmake. It's usually cheaper and easier to find than the GC version these days, outputs in a slightly higher resolution, and can still be played with the GameCube controller.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Unless you end up buying a LOT of games for the Wii, including VC stuff, you probably won't need a memory card for it for a long time. It's only just now, after 7 years of having the console, that I need to purchase one.

But yeah, if you want to play Gamecube games, you definitely need a memory card for that. I'd look for a bundle that comes with one as well as a controller, which if you look around at places like Ross or Marshall's, you might luck out and find one for cheap. The controller is also helpful for VC titles.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

I might recommend TP before REmake, Ensatsu, as I imagine you'd like it more. Unless you just really want to play classic RE, at least.

And if you do get a Wii, if you want a good 3D platformer, then this is the part where I recommend Mario Galaxy.

Grave

Quote from: Foggle on November 07, 2013, 08:19:44 PM
I think I own like 9 PS3 exclusives, and there are quite a few more I want to get. Of course, of those 9, almost all of them are Yakuza or Ratchet & Clank games, but I still think the PS3 has a pretty sizable library of quality exclusive titles.

I agree, but not exactly sure if Ensatsu-ken would want to try Yakuza. The combat isn't exactly deep (but it does kinda make you feel good :)). Ratchet & Clank, I can't speak on it yet (I've yet to start Tools of Destruction). Then again I hear Killzone 2&3 were pretty decent.

Spark Of Spirit

There's already a good thread on here for Wii recs.

Since he has a 360, a PS3 is hard to recommend unless its dirt cheap. There are some good exclusives, but I'm not sure if he'd enjoy them enough to get $150 worth of fun out of it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Grave

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 08, 2013, 04:44:35 PM

Since he has a 360, a PS3 is hard to recommend unless its dirt cheap. There are some good exclusives, but I'm not sure if he'd enjoy them enough to get $150 worth of fun out of it.

Agreed. That's where I was going with that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually do want to try the Yakuza games, as well as the R&C games. Putting those aside, I know that the PS3 has a ton of good exclusives. It's just that most of them aren't really up my alley.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I also want to get a Nintendo 3DS, but that's WAY too expensive for me right now. I would have settled for a 2DS and saved up for it, but sorry Nintendo, that design is just way too ugly and looks uncomfortable to hold. Why they couldn't just design it like the 3DS and just take out the 3D feature, I'll never really understand.

Quote from: Avaitor on November 08, 2013, 02:01:26 PMBut yeah, if you want to play Gamecube games, you definitely need a memory card for that.

So, GC games will not save on the Wii's hard drive?

Foggle

I honestly wouldn't bother with the 3DS unless you like JRPGs. The only games on the system I've found particularly good are the SMT ones. And, of course, Pokemon.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 10, 2013, 12:18:18 PM
So, GC games will not save on the Wii's hard drive?
They do not.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, it does have Mario games and such as well, which I really want to play.

Foggle

I can't speak for Luigi's Mansion, but NSMB2, 3D Land, and Sticker Star weren't very enjoyable for me.