Games That You Think Other Members On This Board Should Play

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 11, 2013, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

I got the 3DS for the sole reason of playing Pokemon X, myself.  :lol:

Of course, I'll buy me some Mario games for it too, though considering I haven't been able to play many games recently anyway, I'll probably wait on that until I've got a lot more actual free time, whenever that is.

Avaitor

What I played of Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus are pretty fun. I'd check those out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

VLordGTZ

Quote from: Foggle on November 10, 2013, 12:27:02 PM
I can't speak for Luigi's Mansion, but NSMB2, 3D Land, and Sticker Star weren't very enjoyable for me.
I felt that Luigi's Mansion 2 was pretty good, but I still prefer the first game over it.

Spark Of Spirit

There's also a bunch of eshop games on the 3DS from Virtual Console (portable Ninja Gaiden) to original eshop games like Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch Force. The 3DS has a pretty good library overall, but then it is a Nintendo portable. Not to mention, it can also play DS games if you don't have one.

Quote from: VLordGTZ on November 10, 2013, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: Foggle on November 10, 2013, 12:27:02 PM
I can't speak for Luigi's Mansion, but NSMB2, 3D Land, and Sticker Star weren't very enjoyable for me.
I felt that Luigi's Mansion 2 was pretty good, but I still prefer the first game over it.
I don't agree, I think the second eclipses the first in every way. About the only issue I had were that the bosses were a bit obtuse and the first was the best one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

If Luigi's Mansion 2 is weaker than the original then it's not for me. :P

Spark Of Spirit

It really isn't. I don't know how anyone could think it is.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 11, 2013, 03:09:11 PM
If Luigi's Mansion 2 is weaker than the original then it's not for me. :P
Most of the people I know enjoy the second game more than the first.  I just don't feel the same way.  It might be due to the fact that I rushed through Luigi's Mansion 2.  :sweat: 

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Nel_Annette

Auugh so torn on Kid Icarus. On one hand, I think it's one of Nintendo's best written games, the dialogue is fantastic and the voice-acting is top notch. And yet, I never could get into that gameplay.

Spark Of Spirit

If you played as many PS1 games as I did, you just get used to the right shoulder centering the camera and play it as a normal third person game the way they were made before the dual stick games.

It's archaic, sure, but oddly fun in a way since they don't make 'em like that any more (and for good reason) but I adjusted fine when I thought of those. People complain it's impossible without the touch screen but they're wrong. Dodging is more important than being 100% accurate.

talonmalon333

I really like the atmosphere of Luigi's Mansion. It's a mixture between spookiness (the "fun and lighthearted but not scary" kind of spookiness) and that classic Mario charm.

As for my feelings on the game itself, all I will say is that I think Super Mario Sunshine would've been a better launch title for the GameCube. You can probably figure out how I feel about it from that.

Foggle

Anyone want a free copy of Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Booty? I got a download voucher with Into The Nexus that I don't need.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Everyone here should play the Wario Land games.

Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land and Virtual Boy Wario Land are fun, if straightforward, platformers, that I'm sure everyone here would enjoy, but especially gunswordfist and Avaitor.

Wario Land II and 3 are more exploration-based and about scouring the levels to find treasures to unlock the best ending. I'm not big on 3, but a lot of people are. I think II is excellent. Foggle and Rynnec would probably dig these the most.

Wario Land 4 and Shake It are a mix of the first two styles. Getting from point A to B styles, but increase in difficulty when going for 100% much like Yoshi's Island. I think Dr. Ensatsu-ken and everyone else here would really like these games.

Yes, it was worth bumping this whole thread just to say that.