Dead Meat

Started by Daikun, September 18, 2013, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Billy & Mandy creator Maxwell Atoms has a new animated series in the works!

He'll be setting up a Kickstarter for it (it's not up yet) and he's providing updates for it on his Tumblr.

Here are some teaser images:

Avaitor

Dang ol' pretty pretty artwork, I tell you what

I sure hope this happens soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Gotta say that looks pretty interesting.  I don't think it's any big secret but I wasn't really a fan of Billy and Mandy, particularly after the first couple seasons.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Foggle

Wow, this looks really cool!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Comeau on September 18, 2013, 05:42:21 PM
Gotta say that looks pretty interesting.  I don't think it's any big secret but I wasn't really a fan of Billy and Mandy, particularly after the first couple seasons.

I remember liking it at first, then my interest in the series deter off somewhere later down the line. Maybe around the time they stop making Evil Con Carne shorts for it. Still, I'll probably give Dead Meat a chance if it gets off the ground.

LumRanmaYasha

Oh wow, this looks freaking awesome! I loved Billy and Mandy, so hopefully Maxwell Atoms will bring his A-Game to this project as well!  :)

VLordGTZ

Wow, I hope this ends up happening.

The Shadow Gentleman

I would definitely give it a shot if it get made, which I hope it does.

Lord Il

I was almost a little shocked when reading this on his tumbler Q&As:

QuoteSeptember 16th, 2013 at 10:19AM

asker
paper-lantern-corps asked: What exactly is Dead Meat?

Right now Dead Meat is just a fancy idea.  But if the Kickstarter goes well, eventually it?ll be an awesome black comedy/buddy action/puppet gore web series. 

There?s no animation to speak of, just puppets and people.  The reason I have so many drawings and so few puppets is because I can make drawings but I can?t make puppets.  I mean, I can make the paper bag kind.  Maybe it?ll come to that!
[source..]

There goes my hopes for an animated series.
Puppets... hmm..
But.. the art work is so sweet!

I sometimes think the post-apocalyptic thing has been done to death, but I'm still wanting to see what Maxwell has up his sleeve with this project.

Foggle

How disappointing! It looked like a totally awesome cartoon. :(

I dig the spoiler'd sig pic, btw!

Lord Il

I'm impressed with the amount of work that's been done so far on the RC vehicles to be used.
But still... puppets. Still trying to wrap my head around this.  ???

Quote from: Foggle on September 19, 2013, 06:43:47 PM
I dig the spoiler'd sig pic, btw!
Ain't I a stinker? ;D

Commode

Why puppets?  Hasn't it been proven that just about everything to do with puppets that isn't Jim Hensen is gonna suck?  Crank Yankers, Mr. Meaty, those awful Jeff Dunham things.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Quote from: Comeau on September 21, 2013, 01:01:13 PM
Why puppets?  Hasn't it been proven that just about everything to do with puppets that isn't Jim Hensen is gonna suck?  Crank Yankers, Mr. Meaty, those awful Jeff Dunham things.
Oh?

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

The Kickstarter is up.

It needs $50,000 within the month, and it has over $2,000 already.

Hop to it, guys!

Daikun

Funding goal reached, and it's only on the last day! :joy: