King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I've actually seen a couple of people support it on tz, including Speedy Boris. But I don't think anyone would put it on a list of the best episodes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Having seen it again fairly recently, I do feel the need to point out that it isn't an entirely forgettable output. There are some decent lines; really, the writing is OK, all things considered.

What really kills it is the character degradation; IE, Hank being villainized by the entire community, Peggy being even more of a bitch than usual... and wow, Bernie Mac's repairman outfit is a forgettable one-shot if there ever was one. There's that, and the fact that the plot doesn't make a lick of sense, either. I mean, honestly; how does one possibly draw the conclusion that a dog is racist because it barks at someone? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It isn't completely without merit, but damn... it's still pretty bad. In a series with so few duds, this one simply stands out as being the worst of the bunch.

Daxdiv

A bit of a bump, but according to Speedy Boris over at toonzone, Season 7-13 are available for purchase off of the iTunes store. So if you can purchase that, more power to ya. This is probably the closet thing we'll ever get to owning everything past what Fox didn't release on DVD.

Commode

Similarly, the whole show has been on Netflix for quite some time now.

Honestly, Fox should just release a complete series box set at this point, rather than individual season sets.  Many other shows have done this.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Kiddington

Apparently, the cost of music licensing, combined with the fact that KOTH DVD's have, historically, never been good sellers is what's keeping the rest of the series on the shelf. Or so I'm told (this was at least one explanation I've heard in the past, but who even knows if it's actually true or not).

Whatever the case, count me in favor of a Complete Series DVD as well, even if it did mean six seasons worth of double dipping on my end. It's a series worth owning from start to finish, and one I'd be full willing to pay the money for.

Spark Of Spirit

Another show we don't have on Netflix here. Shame as I'd love easy access to the last 3 seasons and season 8 especially.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

We need more of this in our lives.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Newer episodes of he Simpsons say otherwise.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Awww, some of those aren't really Bwaahs. The Luane and Boomhauer one was just a "Nooo!".

Hank's bwaahs were always funny because they were always the absolute best reaction to the situation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

I've been on a King of the Hill kick lately, working my way through almost every episode starting with season one. I'm in the middle of the season three right now.

Good lord, this show was hysterical.

Spark Of Spirit

It really is a great show, one of the few adult sitcoms I can't seem to get sick of no matter how much I see.

Kiddington

"Suite Smells of Excess" was on AS the other day. Still one of my favorite episodes.

"We can't leave this box! If we go now we'll somehow break the momentum and Nebraska will take back the game! And then Bobby will lose his interest in football! And then he will be miserable! And then he will die!"

Eddy

It's a shame so many people label the show as "boring" and are not really willing to watch it. I don't understand why. Is it the realistic art style? The lack of "wackiness"? It's easily one of the funniest and well written adult sitcoms ever.

And unlike other shows that lasted as long as it did, KotH never really went down in quality.

Spark Of Spirit

I can't name another show where the eleventh, twelfth, or thirteenth season is in contention for the best one. That has to count for something.