King of the Hill

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'd be lying if I said that I've caught it on the block recently, but I do think that it sucks that the show doesn't really have a home anymore. It's not airing anywhere else, it has no streaming since it left Netflix years ago, and the later season's DVDs are still a little pricey. For as good as the show is, it's not that easy to catch anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on June 29, 2018, 01:10:43 PMI'd be lying if I said that I've caught it on the block recently, but I do think that it sucks that the show doesn't really have a home anymore. It's not airing anywhere else, it has no streaming since it left Netflix years ago, and the later season's DVDs are still a little pricey. For as good as the show is, it's not that easy to catch anymore.

It will still air in syndication. KDOC, a local station by me, is still airing it.
You may need to check your local listings if you want to see KOTH anymore. It might not be on a major network, but it should still be there.

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, it still airs on a local station here. It might not air on 4 different networks at one time like Family Guy does, but some places are still running it on syndication.

Kiddington

IIRC music rights was one given reason for the DVD sets stalling for as long as it did; could that have anything to do with KOTH's lack of a streaming home as well? It continues to defy me how a show like this hasn't been available on a legit streaming service (Netflix/Hulu, etc.) in nearly 5 years.

Kiddington

Double post but worth mentioning; KOTH is moving to Comedy Central starting July 24th.

So it looks like it will have a regular cable home after all. Pretty bad timeslot though.

Dr. Insomniac

I guess Comedy Central got tired of airing Chappelle's Show reruns at late night forever?

Avaitor

I don't think KOTH seems like a good fit for Comedy Central. Then again, neither does The Office, which is apparently a quarter of their schedule, so what do I know?

I also thought that Futurama wasn't the best fit, which probably explains why the episodes from that run went weirdly political.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

Never made sense to me why it wasn't here to begin with given the Fox partnership, but whatever.

Avaitor

And now I get a Hulu account.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

I don't want KOTH to come back purely as a reaction to Trump. For one thing, the show was rarely about that. It definitely got political and was absolutely a reaction to the landscape at the time as plenty of the later seasons can attest, but it never focused on being a "Clinton" show or a "Bush" show. Even when Bush showed up in an episode, it never dwelled upon him as a person and was just about Hank's opinions on voting in general. And the other thing, we're in the Biden era now. Making Trump jokes now is like making Bush jokes in 2009 or 10. And unlike other topical shows like South Park, I don't want to see Hank Hill talk about the pandemic.

A 15-year timeskip's also a little concerning. I wouldn't mind a couple years just to explain away Luanne and Lucky's deaths, but not that far along.

Avaitor

So starting Monday, KOTH is coming back to [adult swim].

No, really.

New blog!

Daikun

Well, I guess AS has a reason to hog the 8PM hour again.