Reddit and Memey

Started by Daikun, December 01, 2013, 06:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I think we'll get to Season 10, but anything after that feels like it's up in the air at this rate. I do wonder who they'll get to play the titular duo.

Dr. Insomniac

I see a lot of crew members on Twitter are distancing themselves and insisting that Roiland only voice acted and did nothing else in the last 3 seasons. And it's hard to tell if that's true, since some of the recent episodes still have those meandering improv scenes.

Daxdiv

Yeah, unlike Family Guy where you can kinda tell that Seth MacFarlane has basically checked out of the series outside of voicing his characters & taking the check for being the creator/executive producer, you can still feel Roiland's influence in certain scenes & such. I still remember when adult swim did premieres for episodes, they would do these behind the scene moments & while the other writers would choose some deep/though provoking/emotional scene as their favorite, Roiland would just pick whatever was funny.

I still find it interesting that he lost not only his role on Rick & Morty, but also Solar Opposites & his own game studio, Squanch Games. Said game studio also went under a sexual harassment lawsuit as well. I know innocent until proven guilty, but this gives me "Oh damn, he really did do it" if this is happening.

Daikun

Hollywood Reporter does a deep dive on Justin Roiland.

Read the whole Twitter thread. This certainly explains why the show dipped after season 3. Holy shit.

Dr. Insomniac

I think I get why the show lost me after the first few seasons. The production described here is too split-personality, unable to stay in one area and actually breathe before going to the other zone, instead of finding a way to fuse both the "Let's re-invent the monomyth!" shit Harmon was doing and all of Roiland's toilet humor.

And in hindsight, it's crazy seeing how much of an open secret this all was.

Daxdiv

Roiland's Domestic Battery Charges have been dropped. I'd still be surprised to see this man get work after he lost everything. I mean, he lost all his shows, his game studio & all his roles. Not to mentioned that there's still the creepy DMs, the accusations of how much of a prick he was to work with & his general behavior that does make me go "You know he isn't all that innocent" & he was probably able to buy his way out of this.

Avaitor

Maybe if Lazzo was still around, he might come back. Now, I strongly doubt it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

I think it depends on whether or not Roilandless R&M does as well as the last few seasons, and even then, things would have to get really bad (like extremely bad where multiple writers and producers on the show are outed for worse acts) on that front to even consider a rehiring.

Daikun

Daikun

The trailer for season 7 is out, and the replacements for Rick and Morty do pretty solid impressions of Roiland's characters.

Daxdiv

If I didn't know better, I'd say they actually kept Roiland. They're a little off in places, but I imagine in a season or so they'll finally find their groove where it won't be noticeable.

Daikun

Ian Cardoni: Rick
Harry Belden: Morty

Well, there you have it.

Dr. Insomniac

Watched a bit of the recent episodes, and to their credit, I don't notice anything different without Roiland. But on the other hand, the show still reeks of feeling like it took as much time to write an episode as it does to watch it.

Daikun

Season 8 will not be coming this year. We'll be getting R&M: The Anime instead.

https://twitter.com/animationonmax/status/1749531961662529620