Abridged Series

Started by LumRanmaYasha, December 20, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

YGO:TAS 81

Also, SAO Abridged 13 was released yesterday, but it was taken down due to a copyright strike. If you want to watch it now (the appeal process will take up to four weeks), you can pay $5 on their Patreon.

Daikun

DBZ Abridged Episode 60 is FINALLY premiering this Friday!

Daikun

Mustang

What an episode and to end it like that. It's been a while since I've gotten chills from watching DBZ. I only have the Kai editions of DBZ and while the script and dialog is better, the feels is not there. SSJ transformations were always on the epic side of things during the days of Funimation. And that was the last time I got chills. Till this day I remember getting chills from Gohans SSJ2 transformation. It's crazy when fandubs sounds better than the original/remake.

My sister in law got me into Hellsing Abridged as well. Whoever is doing the voice work of Alucard/Cell, give that man an oscar. I thought the v/a for Frieza was top notch, but Cell/Alucard is on another level.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That'd be Takahata101, and yeah, he has become a legitimately good voice actor over the course of DBZA and other abridged series. Most of TFS has improved immensely, which is probably how they got to work on an official dub recently.

And yeah, this episode was well worth the wait. It's a bit sad to know that DBZA will be over after the Cell arc.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on September 03, 2018, 05:01:04 PM
It's a bit sad to know that DBZA will be over after the Cell arc.
I've heard Kaiser say it's too early to call it a day, and they're more on the fence as to whether they'll do the Buu arc or not.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think it's mainly TFS being tired of constantly dealing with Toei's strikes against them. I know for sure that several of them have stated that they want to keep going with DBZA, but that it's getting harder for them to produce not just because of their increased quality put into each video but also because of their multiple side projects to help fund each new video since DBZA is non-monetizable. And of course Toei isn't making those matters any easier for them. So at this point they may quit if it proves to be more trouble than it's worth.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Part 2: https://youtu.be/w__kXen0t9s

The "Hey King Kai, What should I do with Cell?" joke had me laughing so hard that I couldn't breath, even though I saw it coming a mile away.

Dr. Insomniac

Peanutbutter

That's good news, so long as they don't get bad burnout again like what happened with the Cell episodes before the finale.

Dr. Insomniac

Kaiser also said they were gonna release something featuring Trunks killing the Androids. Don't know when though.

Speaking of Kaiser, he retweeted this.

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Disappointed Alpha only shows up for a quarter of a second. But funny regardless.

Daikun

SAO Abridged 13 has finally been rescued from Copyright Hell. Watch it here.

Dr. Insomniac

I was on the fence with SAO Abridged during the start, but they really bring their A-game near the end of their first season.