Abridged Series

Started by LumRanmaYasha, December 20, 2013, 08:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As far as WWE references ho, giving him a backstory similar to Hulk Hogan is the obvious route, in addition to all of the scandals and back-stage drama that it comes with. That said, I could also see them infusing him with some kind of Randy Savage-like personality like the FUNimation dub did.

Peanutbutter

I hope they go with naming him Hercule Satan. He can keep his dub name while being referred to as Mr. Satan the rest of the time. No matter what, I am looking forward to his debut in this. Funimation already made him hilarious, there's no telling what TFS can do with him.

gunswordfist

Was he dull in the sub?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mr. Satan was always written as a comic relief character. He's meant to come off as humorous in the manga and anime. Peanutbutter's wording may sound confusing, but I believe that he meant to say that he enjoyed FUNimation's interpretation of the character and can't wait to see the spin that TFS gives him.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 23, 2016, 08:54:46 PM
Mr. Satan was always written as a comic relief character. He's meant to come off as humorous in the manga and anime. Peanutbutter's wording may sound confusing, but I believe that he meant to say that he enjoyed FUNimation's interpretation of the character and can't wait to see the spin that TFS gives him.

Yes, that's what I meant. Never saw all of DBZ's sub, so I don't know how funny Mr. Satan was, but Hercule was great!

Daikun

I got into Pokemon 'Bridged a few weeks ago (yeah, I'm late to the party) and really started enjoying it. Here's episode 26.

Daikun

Daikun

Daikun

YGO:TAS 71

EDIT (after watching): Well... This suddenly got serious.

LumRanmaYasha

Didn't remember this episode from the original show?

Years later, I still remember that episode very well, and how shocked I was as a kid at what happened. It's easily one of the most memorable and vivid moments in YGO! for me. So naturally, I was eager to see how LK was going to handle it. And he did not disappoint! Really did well poking fun at how contrived the whole thing was, yet still somehow kept the tragic element of it's consequences intact. Really looking forward to seeing how YGOA handles the fallout and the remainder of the season.

Also, really glad he's making Evil Council videos again! Especially since I miss his Marik. Any excuse for him to use Marik and Bakura again is more than welcome in my book.

Daikun

Daikun

LittleKuriboh made a surprisingly somber video regarding last night's election (as well as this shitty year in general).

LumRanmaYasha

It's a good message and like his "We're Still Here" series I'm glad he made it. Things seem bleak for a lot of people, but we can't give up hope or lose trust in each other.

Peanutbutter

GREAT episode!

Was hoping they'd use Hercule, but Mr. Satan it is. He's already awesome from little we saw of him though. Oh, and Dende is finally back!