Anime Music

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 30, 2014, 06:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rynnec

I fucking love Chase as a song, but the visuals don't live up to the usual JoJo standards.

Still better than the Kiznaiver OP tho'.

Spark Of Spirit

If we're going to include OST tracks outside of OPs and EDs then this was by far my favorite. It only continues to hammer home how perfect a fit Bones was for the series.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

"Chase" might arguably be the weakest JoJo op, but calling it a bad opening either musically, visually, or both? GTFO.

LumRanmaYasha

I guess I'll also chime in with my favorite OPs and EDs of 2016:

My Top 10 OPs of 2016:

My Top 10 EDs of 2016:

There was a lot of others I really liked that I left out. This was a good year for anime ops and eds.

Spark Of Spirit

That Gintama ED was easily my favorite of the year. It manages to sum up the story quite well and is quite effective emotionally. Not sure if they'll be able to top it, but we'll see.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

Well here we go... Best OPs Winter 2016...

NUMBER FIVE
NUMBER FOUR
NUMBER THREE
NUMBER TWO
NUMBER ONE

Aaaaaaaand THE WORST

Foggle

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on January 19, 2017, 09:59:03 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on January 19, 2017, 05:11:53 PM
NUMBER ONE

Aaaaaaaand THE WORST
This is amazing.
Which ACCA or Hand Shakers? Because Hand Shakers is a trainwreck that's still crashing into the revine.

Foggle

Oh, you linked to ACCA twice. I figured it was a joke, because it was so perfectly, awesomely anime. I love it.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on January 19, 2017, 10:32:14 PM
Oh, you linked to ACCA twice. I figured it was a joke, because it was so perfectly, awesomely anime. I love it.
oh just an error then. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Annnnd done.

Foggle

Okay, yeah. I kinda' like the song, but those visuals make my eyes bleed. I can't believe someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make an entire series that looked like this. I haven't seen an anime so stylistically abhorrent since Meganebu, and at least that could be reasonably argued as ironic in some fashion.

Daikun

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on January 20, 2017, 01:26:19 AM
Okay, yeah. I kinda' like the song, but those visuals make my eyes bleed. I can't believe someone actually thought it would be a good idea to make an entire series that looked like this. I haven't seen an anime so stylistically abhorrent since Meganebu, and at least that could be reasonably argued as ironic in some fashion.
Yeah the song itself is just average, it's the opening itself that makes me wanna gouge my eyes out. And then you watch the actual show and it's even worse

If I were to pick a worst op SONG of the season so far I'd say Jingo Jungle from Tanya the Evil but that actually hasn't appeared yet outside of the episode 2 ED

Lord Dalek

All right...you wanted earrape... hear ya go!