What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Haven't been able to get my switch to play through my tv for some reason. Having 3 cables and whatnot, thought it'd be easier than ever. I have an Emerson tv with what, 5 modes (TV, HDMI 1, HDMI 2, PC, and Video) and it won't play through any of them. Already feeling a bit disappointed in this thing. Moving along, until I figure this out I've been playing more Persona 5 and I finally got my hands on the ultimate Persona; Yoshitsune. Jokes aside, I would put him in the #2 spot. That being said, if I were the type that looks for a challenge I'd say don't even bother putting Sataenal in your line up. For me, I just like feeling dominant.

Also went back to USF4 for a little bit. My Dudley's rusty but I'm liking my Ryu even more than my Dudley. My Evil Ryu is piss poor, but I've barely touched Evil Ryu despite claiming that I'd main him.

Very tempted to get God of War. I was never looking forward to it, nor has it been on my radar, but I've seen bits of it and while it's no DMC or Ninja Gaiden. Hell, don't even look like it's older self, but I am very curious about it.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Commode

Perhaps you have a bad HDMI cord, as far as I know thats the only output from the Switch to a TV.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

So I've been trying to save up for a Switch lately, but a thought has come to me- I also want a PS4. I want to get to Nioh, Nier Automata, DB Fighters, Bloodborne, and other games I've forgotten about.

Granted, my 360 didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, and I haven't got around to playing the OG X-Box games I brought over. But I do plan to get back into gaming eventually.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Nioh and Dragon Ball are also available on PC, but yeah, the other two are PS4 exclusives (and that reminds me that I really need to get around to that Bloodborne DLC).

I'd say that Bloodborne alone is worth the price of a PS4, but it doesn't hurt that there are other great games on the console as well. That said, the Switch has its fair share of games that I want to play as well, but I'll probably wait for the next price drop before I get one for myself.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 25, 2018, 06:05:51 PM
Nioh and Dragon Ball are also available on PC, but yeah, the other two are PS4 exclusives (and that reminds me that I really need to get around to that Bloodborne DLC).
Nier is also on PC, though I hear the port job leaves a lot to be desired.

I played through all the No One Lives Forever games recently. The second one still holds up almost perfectly and the original is great though I do have big issues with certain design choices and the extremely long cutscenes. Unfortunately, getting NOLF2 working on my computer proved to be a very arduous task. In the end, the fix I discovered was fairly simple, but I couldn't find help anywhere online for my particular issue, so I spent the greater part of my playthrough suffering through constant crashes and troubleshooting. It really deserves a remaster. (Oh, and Contract J.A.C.K. still sucks, but at least I can finally say I beat it!)

Mustang

Quote from: Commode on April 22, 2018, 08:43:52 PM
Perhaps you have a bad HDMI cord, as far as I know thats the only output from the Switch to a TV.

You were right. Decided to use my HDMI cable from my ps4 and alternate between the 2.

I haven't started anything as of yet, but I might start Zelda later on after Persona 5 is finished.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition
Mika and Laura are really some fun characters in this game. And while neither is close to a Dudley, they are closer to other characters that I do like. Laura is basically Makoto (USF4). Once she has V-Trigger available (VT1) she can comeback in a blink if you guess wrong. And her damage output is nice (it's no Karin, but it's nice) and the fact that she has resets and mixups is all the more reason to like her. Mika on the other hand feels a lot like Yang/Fei Long despite being a grappler. Fuudo plays her like Fei Long. His footsies is insane with her despite the fact that she's an "in your face" kind of character. I'm suprised Mago hasn't switched to her yet. With all that being said, I still need Cody to be good or at the very least have swag.

Edit:

This is definitely me being in the moment, but Fujimura's Ibuki was astonishing over the weekend at Stunfest and he's got me to go back and give Ibuki another go around. I tried her out in training mode a couple of times and gave up on her because I found her to be a little hard, but I'm gonna commit to her. People were saying he's the best Ibuki just over the weekend and while I think he's awesome I do think people are jumping the gun a bit. It's like people forgot all about Xian and personally I'd like to see them throwdown and then I'd like to see how Fujimura would do at Evo.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Mustang

Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition
Finished all of Laura's trials (vol 1-3). The combos they had for her were relatively easy once you got the timing down, and shes easy on pad players as well. Even with the explosive damage output it's crazy that there's only 1 viable Laura that you see in tournaments and he don't travel. I'm looking at some of these matches that he's (Idom) winning and you can clearly see where she struggles. Kind of off putting to be honest. If they survive your onslaught you're finished (especially if you're up against the top tiers) so once again I'm not settled on a character.

Which brings me to R. Mika. She is very taxing on the hand. She's not difficult to play as (nor would I call her highly technical). She's just tiring on my hand while playing on pad (stick getting custom work done to it) especially when calling for Nadeshiko. She has some short little microdashing you gotta keep in my while playing her. Dropped combos = disaster. I'm on her 9th or 10th trial vol 1.

Ibuki on the other hand. I'm stuck on her 3rd trial vol.1. The cross under is kicking my butt and I know if this is giving me problems now I can forget it.

I need Cody asap.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Rynnec

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon's out now and it's a fucking blast. Solid Classicvania gameplay with significantly bullshit moments and a CV3-style character switching system. It's rather short for the asking price, but if you've been itching for new Classicvania-style gameplay then this game will satisfy that craving, there's really no reason not to check this one out for CV fans. Can't wait for the main game later this year!

Mustang

Nioh
Still never finished my first playthrough (due to Street Fighter 5 of course. I have up till the 26th to get some Nioh and other games in), and keep going back and forth on the type of build I want to go for. Outside of the odachi and axe I like all the weapons and then I like magic and ninjutsu. Right now its hard to focus on a build and keep going without wanting to change it partway. I blame Xlh Gladiator. I know I will never play like that dude but dammit, I want to.  :sweat:
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Don't fret. I half suspect that XLH is secretly an artificial AI program that can play games at a level beyond normal human capabilities. ;)

Admittedly it's been a while since I played the game, but my favorite build was lightweight armor (mostly ninja gear since they tend to have a lot of boosts to your Ki gauge or reduce Ki consumption) and I used the Katana as my main weapon against Yokai type enemies and the Dual Katanas against human enemies. That said I also got a lot of use out of the Tonfas against human enemies and bosses in the DLC since they do wicked Ki damage which makes it super easy to stun-lock and guard-break human opponents.

Of course, regardless of your build, using items and magic to buff your stats is so ridiculously useful that it borders on being OP and really makes any sort of build you go for practical since it's easy enough to use temporary stat buffs in fights to make up for your character's weaknesses.

Mustang

That's mainly what I'm going for. A ninja build, but can't exactly decide on the weapons. Katana for sure, and while I chose the Kusugari as my secondary weapon I'm not exactly all that great with it either, or rather I don't feel safe with it. Seems like spacing is a must with that thing. That being said I decided to switch to Dual Katana's to be on the safer side. I'll probably switch back to it though when I feel comfortable with the game I guess.

I doubt I'll get to them but Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 6 came in the mail recently.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Any weapon in the game can be amazing once you get the right moves unlocked for them and figure out how to best use them. Except for maybe the Odachi. It doesn't have any clear advantages that can't be utilized better from a different weapon from what I've seen.

Also I have the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection arriving in the mail tomorrow, so that should get me back into gaming. I also need to try out the new DBFZ DLC characters.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm still disappointed that only four games in the collection come with a training mode, but otherwise I'm enjoying the arcade perfect ports. Mainly I've been playing through the Street Fighter Alpha games which I've never played before.

Now if only Capcom could release a collection like this for Darkstalkers.

Mustang

I didn't buy the Anniversary Collection yet. Mainly because I'm being told that with 3rd Strike I'm better off with the Online Edition on the 360/PS3 because the netcode is better there than the collection. And then I'm iffy on it because I don't like the idea of training mode for only 4 games instead of all. I still might get it eventually if I see enough people playing it though.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol