What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mustang

Elden Ring
So I'm still not really comfortable with the combat and I don't think I will ever be completely comfortable with it. I'm decent with it enough to get by though. Even though I've been going for a samurai mage type of build I have been swaying from that idea though. I've seen lots of builds, so much so that I don't know what kind of build I'll be going for by the end. In the meantime, I have a +4 Uchigatana, +5 Blood Nagakiba, and a +6 Bloodhound's Fang. Everything else I have haven't been touched yet, but some of them are the reasons I'm not sure what I want to go for yet. I also have this Great Stars weapon, with Carian Knights Greatsword and the Meteorite Staff. Yeah, I've been around to quite a few places lol. A lot of my time has been basically following different guides for OP Builds and a lot of them are terrible trying to follow so a lot of my time has been spent doing bits of what I can here and there. There are some baddies I want to go after immediately for revenge, but I'll play nice for now lol.

So I've been engaging with some FromSoft fans, and, yeah, all I can do is shake my head. I just watched recently watched Max's latest Shadow of the Erdtree playthrough video (work and whatnot) and he didn't care for the fight and the comment section was something else lol. I'm neither for nor against. Play how you want, but my goodness, the stress people put themselves through for pride and a "challenge". You can tell some people have only played Souls and nothing before Souls became a thing. 1 guy said something along the lines of summoning means you're not playing the game the way it's supposed to be played. This attitude here is something I can't stand. I paid money for my game and I'm gonna play it how I want to play it. If I want to summon I'll summon. If I want to use magic I'll use magic. What I don't understand is why everyone else is suddenly so against it (I'm mostly talking about content creators at this point)? Like there's some sort of hidden rule that demands them to play with either a STR or DEX build (I've watched a lot of people at this point too).

Now I've been enjoying Elden Ring as a whole, but if I really wanted to, I can go in on this game too. People talking like they're actually doing something with their character when all I see from these STR and DEX builds are Jump attacks or Ash of War spam. Like I said, coming from Nioh, yeah I can really go in if I wanted to, but I'm treating this like how I treat God of War and just enjoying what's presented to me. But yeah, this attitude about how Souls should be played. Fuck outta here with that noise.

Give me a couple more days (weeks lol, we have actually started hard work again and I've been getting more tired) and I can give a semi review
3S - Ken, Ryu, Makoto, Dudley, Yang
SF6 - Ken, {Terry}
T8 - Kazuya, Hwaorang, Leroy, Jin

Mustang

So I think I played enough Elden Ring at this point. I don't see myself finishing to be honest, mainly because the combat just saps it outta me (and I'm ready to move on). I like the idea of bloodhound step and whatever the lightning version is, but I hate that it cost FP (for BH). Barring that, it's 8-9/10. Unlike Shenmue 3, the combat is still ok, whereas Shenmue 3 is unforgivable. I think I said it in one of my early posts. It's not God of War when it comes to presentation, but it's presentation is good on it's own. It's customization and world design is where it smokes everything else. If other folks want to say Game of the Generation, I won't argue, but it's not something I would say. Personally, I think I'd still take Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom over Elden Ring.

Armored Core 6 while it's not next up on my list to play, but I think I have even more interest in that game than what my interest level was at for Elden Ring, mainly for its customization. I've also heard it's like Metal Gear Solid 5, how you'd have your mission and just go. So it could be next up, but I also need to take a break from long running games for a bit so I might be jumping back into Street Fighter 3/6 and Tekken 8, maybe. It's been a hot minute since I've actually played any.

I did forget Astro Bot comes out next week so I might just hold out for that and I think Plucky Squire comes out a few weeks after so I might be set with those 2. What happened to me right? I hate platformers right? Yep, but I'm just trying something that I don't usually play for the sake of not burning out.
SF6 - Ken, {Terry}

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes- I'm almost done with this one. I could finish it at any point since I basically just have the final boss left, but I'm taking some extra time to see if I can find all of the items and finish it off with 100% completion which is now a tradition for me with Metroid games. Overall, I'd say it's about on par with the first game with maybe a few annoying aspects, but still a great adventure game overall. I miss this old-school type of world design from that era of gaming. I'll probably jump to Prime 3 at some time in the Fall and try to finish it before the end of the year so I can be ready for Prime 4 when that drops.

Cyberpunk 2077- Well, this was a surprise. I have never played a CD Projekt Red game before, I'm not particularly a fan of open world games, and this is a game that was a bit of a laughing stock at launch if I recall correctly thanks to it's poor console performance and abundance of glitches. I liked the Edgerunners anime that came out last year, and it endeared me to the world a bit, but ultimately I still wasn't thinking of coming into this game. Then I started hearing buzz about how the game had a complete overhaul and was far more enjoyable of an experience than it was at launch, and how versatile the gameplay had become. And I happened to watch some videos of gameplay of what you can do with all of the different builds and I have to admit I was actually intrigued.

And I have to say, I'm rather impressed. It took me a while to get into it but the gun-play in this game is really solid, and right now with a Reflex-based build and using a Sandevistan unit I'm having a blast switching mainly between pistol and sub-machine gun style weapons and Knives and Katanas. This game actaully has some really fun FPS-style movement controls and fun enemy encounters while mixing it up an a genuinely interesting wold design with GTA style gameplay in-between the main missions. Getting into Cyberpunk wasn't on my bingo card for this year but I've had a lot more fun with this than most modern AAA titles. If the game was like this at launch, I have a feeling it would have had a far different reputation (which to be fair, does seem to have still changed for the better).

Mustang

Man, I wish I could play Cyberpunk. I was told I would like it too. I just can't play it because I get dizzy/motion sickness from FPV now (I probably need to go to a Neurologist at some point lol)
SF6 - Ken, {Terry}

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Sorry to hear that. It sucks when a medical or personal issue can get in the way of enjoying some particular things.

I'm kind of similar when it comes to VR. Granted, there aren't any that I would want to play other than Half-Life: Alyx. Something about that perspective is so disorienting for me.

Avaitor

What're you playing Cyberpunk on? Because I've heard that the PS5 version is solid and fixes most of the bugs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken