What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

At least try to get to Satorl Marsh before you drop the game, trust me. I was playing along because the plains (which you know from Smash Bros.) are big and fun to explore, and the plot starts getting intriguing when the main villain of that "arc" shows up. But when I got to Satorl Marsh, which is after that, and I saw the area at night, all I kept thinking was "Oh my god, this is one of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen in an RPG, with some of the most beautiful music, and if the rest of the game offers something like this area, I need to keep playing." I was on the fence on Xenoblade until then, but entering the marsh hooked me.

Foggle

My favorite thing about Xenoblade so far is the theme that plays in the Colony 9 field during daytime. IT'S SO GOOD

Nel_Annette

Oh, it has such a great soundtrack. So many tracks that are just pure gold.

gunswordfist

good, all jrpgs need world maps.

i don't care for mmos and the stylus myself.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Got a few games in the mail yesterday. Finally bought the South Park RPG since it was half-price, and the God Of War Saga. I've never touched the series, but $20 for five games seemed like a great deal.

In Club Nintendo news, the new prizes are up, and... arrrgh. I want that second set of Smash Bros. posters. I got the first set in the mail a week or two back, and they're better than I thought they'd be. Quality, glossy paper, and quite large. I want to frame them, and now I really want to add those other three posters to my collection. I get paid tomorrow; I might ignore my PS3 "to get" list and start ordering some newer Wii U/3DS games to build my coins back up as rapidly as possible.

gunswordfist

i've only played some of a psp game for god of war. that does sounds like a great deal.

gunswordfist

a day or two ago, i finally got piers in my party on golden sun 2. those puddles aren't going to freeze themselves, buddy!

Spark Of Spirit

I've been replaying Double Dragon Neon.

I know the humor might not be for everybody being very Parodius, but as an actual beat em up, this is definitely top notch. I really should replay it more often.

That soundtrack is something else, too. One of the best classic game remixes ever on top of some catchy new 80s-style arcade beat em up tracks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

Started playing Hyrule Warriors, man this game is fun.

Still have Bayonetta 2 to get to as well, and I guess Second Son eventually.  Damn it backlog.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

finally figured out where to go in gabomba statue in golden sun the lost age. auto jump parts tend to leave me stumped like how it took me a week or so to find the auto jump spot that leads to the path to hyrule castle in ocarina of time when i played it a few years ago. lol

i also figured out where to go in the sea god place and got a piece of trident.

talonmalon333

Do any of you guys know when Sony started the "Greatest Hits" line for the PS1? I've been trying to find a list of when games became Greatest Hits but haven't had any luck.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Earlier than I expected. Do you know of a list of game's release dates as Greatest Hits?

Nel_Annette

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the South Park game. Just fought a boss battle featuring... a lot... of human anatomy flinging around... some of it being a hazard within the fight. Holy crap, that was distracting and awkward. I was almost laughing too hard to focus on the boss.