What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Funny thing about buying all of the Hyrule Warriors DLC in one go (I got the Hero of Hyrule pack and then the four costume sets), I just sat through five straight minutes of "*ZELDA JINGLE* YOU UNLOCKED THIS THING!" screens upon starting the game. I'm just sitting here thinking "get on with it already!".  :lol:

Foggle

A similar thing happened when I played Saints Row 4. I got the Game of the Century Edition on Steam and beating the prologue caused 20+ "you unlocked this!" popups to activate in a row. :lol:

Nel_Annette

Oh god, with the amount of DLC Saints Row usually has now, yeah, that must have been bad. I had a bit of a bug when I bought SR3's dlc where that would happen for each dlc pack every time I turned the game on. Got really annoying after a while.

Avaitor

So I may or may not impulse buy a 3DS tomorrow. What would be the top 5 DS games to consider getting, for someone who hasn't had a handheld console since the original GBA?

And how about 3DS? Keep in mind that I'm playing Majora's Mask on my Wii, I'd prefer to wait for a Wii-U for new Smash, and for personal reasons, I won't touch Animal Crossing on a handheld.

Edit: And Spark, feel free to consider a top 5 list for handheld VC titles that I may have missed. You don't even need to bring up the Oracles, btw. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on March 24, 2015, 07:22:17 PM
So I may or may not impulse buy a 3DS tomorrow. What would be the top 5 DS games to consider getting, for someone who hasn't had a handheld console since the original GBA?

And how about 3DS? Keep in mind that I'm playing Majora's Mask on my Wii, I'd prefer to wait for a Wii-U for new Smash, and for personal reasons, I won't touch Animal Crossing on a handheld.

Edit: And Spark, feel free to consider a top 5 list for handheld VC titles that I may have missed. You don't even need to bring up the Oracles, btw. ;)

A Link Between Worlds is fantastic.

Commode

999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors is really good.  Also would suggest Pokemon of course, probably HeartGold/SoulSilver(although these can be hard to find cheap) or X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.  Mario Kart 7 maybe?  Mario 3D Land?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 24, 2015, 07:22:17 PM

You know I just love making lists of good games, don't you?

Okay. Here are a few games I'm pretty sure you'd get a real kick out of.

Nintendo DS

Contra 4 (includes portable NES Contra and Super C, so the value is off the scale)
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
Sonic Rush
Space Invaders Extreme 2
Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Nintendo 3DS

Kid Icarus Uprising
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

Virtual Console 3DS

Mega Man V (Game Boy)
Mole Mania
Wario Land II
Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear)
Shinobi (Game Gear)

e-shop Originals

Steel Empire
3D OutRun
3D Fantasy Zone
Mutant Mudds (or Xeodrifter if you want a bite-sized Metroidvania)
Shovel Knight

That should keep you busy for a while.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I do have Sonic for the Game Gear thanks to Gems Collection, but alright, definitely keeping an eye out for the rest! I've been wanting to try out Hotel Dusk and A Link Between Worlds for a while.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I think I'll be planning another go through of ALBW sometime soon. It's been enough time that the puzzles should be fresh for me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

If you like nifty collections, there's the Sonic Classic Collection (StH 1,2,3, & Knuckles, plus the lock-on versions), and the Mega Man Zero Collection. Kirby Super Star Deluxe, Squeak Squad, the Chrono Trigger rerelease with the bonus stuff, Hotel Dusk like someone mentioned, Trace Memory if you can find it. The Sonic Rush games are pretty good. Animal Cro-- nevermind that one.

I personally love the Etrian Odyssey and Dragon Quest games, though they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Avaitor

The problem with Animal Crossing is that I get SO into it, that I'm afraid if I had a portable version, I'd never interact in public. At least at home, that's my own business on my own time.

But thanks, guys! ALBW is my #1 priority now, but I do also want to get OOT and Star Fox 64 3D as well, along with a lot of the other titles you guys are naming off.

What Dragon Quest games are available for the DSes, Nel? I like what I've played of the older ones, so I'd be down.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Rocket Slime for the DS!

Super fun and underrated game. I'm still sore we never got the 3DS game released here.

Nel_Annette

Zenithia trilogy, bro: Dragon Quest 4,5, and 6. DQ9 is on DS exclusively, but the online component is gone now, unfortunately. Still a fun time, though. All valid choices. I consider DQ5 to be the best, though. That one actually tugs at the heartstrings a bit.

Avaitor

So this GameStop is pretty sketchy. They said that they wouldn't get their Zelda 3DS' until around 11-1 today, and then they later told us that they're not getting them at all until around that time tomorrow, but they did offer the people waiting in line today, myself included, that we can order them around 3 today, and that they will ship to us for free.

I'll try to make it then, but there's one thing that really rubs me the wrong way- this place is only getting 3 of these, even though the official announcements state that each GameStop is getting exactly 4. Not cool, man. We were talking about pulling baby boomer tactics to be sure that myself and the 3 first people in line were going to go home with them, but obviously that will be harder to do now.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I'm sure an employee's friend got what they wanted. Sorry to hear that, man.