Greatest Villain Tournament 2014

Started by Pharass, March 15, 2014, 06:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Pharass on April 20, 2014, 03:51:49 AM

Cartoon X: I need you to refresh my memory; one of the participants in the next match is a Detective Conan villain. Which one of them was it that needed to be hidden behind spoiler-tags?

Bourbon.  :)

gunswordfist

That just reminds me of the Streets Of Rage 2 boss.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

Round 1, Match 9:

The Shredder (TMNT)

Vs

Captain Kuro (One Piece)

Vs

Saito (Rurouni Kenshin)

Vs

Yukyuzan Anji (Rurouni Kenshin)

Vs

The Library Killer (The Name of The Rose)

Spoiler
[close]

Round 1, Match 10:

Bourbon (Detective Conan)

Spoiler
[close]

Vs

Hush (Batman comics)

Vs

Kaku (One Piece)

Vs

Suikotsu (Inu Yasha)

Vs
Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo)

My votes:

The Library Killer - One of the most memorable murderers I can think of in the mystery-genre.
The Shredder
Anji
Kuro
Saito - Love the character, but I prefer him as an ally to Kenshin rather than a villain.

I'm actually going to wait to cast my votes for match 10.  Monte-Cristo gets first place though, that's a given.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Spark Of Spirit

First round:

Same as Pharass

Second round:

Edmond Dantes
Hush
Bourbon
Kaku
Suikotsu
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

1st Match:
Same as Desensitized

Pass on the second match.

And, than you for being the only other people out there who remember that TNOTR even exists.

LumRanmaYasha

Match 9

The Library Killer
Yukyuzan Anji
Captain Kuro
The Shredder -  I haven't seen much TMNT, so I'm not that familiar with him.
Saito - Yeah, I don't consider him a villain, sorry.

Match 10

Bourbon - Quickly surpassing Vermouth as my favorite Conan antagonist. Man, do I love this guy in pretty much every appearance he's been in. I do hope Aoyama has him figure out Conan is Shinichi soon so the plot can finally get into an endgame, and considering he now knows Conan has some affiliation with FBI agents in the most recent case, I'm betting that time is drawing soon. EDIT: HOLY SHIT RECENT CHAPTERS....yeah, this guy HAS to move on this round...

Edmond Dantes - Quite possibly my all time favorite villain, or at least one of my top 5.

Kaku -  Easily my favorite villain among the CP9. I always enjoy villains who are generally nice guys but are just doing their job. Kaku is such a character, not really cruel, arrogant, or malicious like the other CP9 but sharing their warped sense of justice, and he had great moments throughout the arc.

Suikotsu - While not my favorite amongst the Band of 7, he stands out from his kin by being a rather tragic character, and it was nice seeing him find peace in his death.

Hush - I'm not that familiar with him, and I really want Bourbon to move on.

gunswordfist

Opposite of Ensatsu-ken.

Hush - Heart Of Hush is one of the absoluate best Batman stories of any kind.
Kaku
Suikotsu
Bourbon
Dantas

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

VLordGTZ

Match 9:
Same as CX

Match 10
Edmond Dantes
Bourbon
Kaku
Hush
Suikotsu

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I love how GSF is the only idiot on this board who considers Saito a villain, thus proving that he has no ideas how the concept even works. Even in his first appearance, Saito was really working on orders from the government, and as far as his past goes, both him and Kenshin were on opposing sides of a war that was morally gray with no clear-cut good or bad side.

gunswordfist

Pharass

I decided to skip match 10 since I noticed my favorite in that match was going to move on anyway. Sorry about the delay guys, here are the results:

The Shredder: 18 pts
Captain Kuro: 16 pts
Saito: 10 pts
Yukuyuzan Anji: 20 pts
The Library Killer: 26 pts

Bourbon: 14 pts
Hush: 11 pts
Kaku: 12 pts
Suikotsu: 7 pts
Edmond Dantes: 15 pts

Anji, The Library Killer, Bourbon and Dantes move on to the second round.

Round 1, Match 11:

Marlo Stanfield (The Wire)

Vs
The Misfit (A Good Man Is Hard to Find)

Vs

Frieza (Dragon Ball Z/Kai)

Vs

Copy Rezo (Slayers)

Vs
Manjoume (20th Century Boys)

Round 1, Match 12:

Shendu (Jackie Chan Adventures)

Vs

Saruman (The Lord of The Rings Series)

Vs

Midwalley the Hornfreak (Trigun Maximum)

Vs

Thunderleg (Drunken Master)

Vs

Zeno Bell (Zatch Bell)

My Votes:

Match 10
Same order as pictured

Match 11

Saruman
Zeno
Thunderleg
Midwalley
Shendu (haven't seen Jackie Chan Adventures)

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

LumRanmaYasha

Match 11

Inshu Manjome - A con man in way over his head, helpless as events he helped create spiral out of control while he becomes increasingly less relevant. One of my favorite characters from the series, and as a villain I like him just as much as Friend.

Copy Rezo - A clone made to preserve his original's legacy, but desperate to claim autonomy over his own life and seek power for his own sake. Though lacking the humanity that made Rezo so compelling and despicable, he was still a fascinating character, and worthy final opponent for the gang to face at the end of the first series.

The Misfit

Freeza - A monster that fancies himself a gentleman, insanely powerful yet fearful of a potentially stronger being, Freeza will ruthlessly pursue his ambition for immortality without honor, remorse, or humanity, and pain is certain to befall anyone unfortunate enough to be in his way.

Marlo Stanfield - I'm only 7 episodes into The Wire, and I don't think this guy has shown up yet (though I could be mistaken).

Match 12:

Zeno Bell - Seething with hatred out of an inferiority complex, jealousy, and a desire to prove himself to his father, Zeno is willing to leash upon any cruelty or destruction so long as it secures his way to being the Mamodo King, and leave Zatch writhing in pain, and alone.

Saruman - A supposedly wise man who loses himself to his lust for power, he's arguably the most interesting villain in LOR.

Shendu - Though often a more comical antagonist past the first season, Shendu is a lot of fun whenever he appears and especially when he interacts with Vermont, akin to the Jack/Wuya relationship in Xiaolin Showdown, and is quite frankly one of the most if not the most memorable characters in JCA.

Midvalley the Hornfreak - Much like Manjome, Midvalley is a man in way over his head and he knows it. Trying to undermine his own group while not being discovered, his transparent and fearful efforts lead him only to his own destruction.

Thunderleg - I haven't seen Drunken Master:sweat:

Pharass

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 29, 2014, 11:36:22 AM
Marlo Stanfield - I'm only 7 episodes into The Wire, and I don't think this guy has shown up yet (though I could be mistaken).

The Misfit - Unfamiliar with this story and character, I'm afraid.

Marlo first appears in season 3 and is the main villain of season 4 & 5. Along with The Greek, he's one of the few characters in The Wire who can be described as truly evil, lacking the humanizing elements of the show's other drug-lords like Avon or Stringer.
As for The Misfit, you can read the short-story he appears in here
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.