Greatest Villain Tournament 2014

Started by Pharass, March 15, 2014, 06:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Same as Pharass for both matches.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Tywin- I love to hate this guy, but also have to admit that he's arguably the smartest GOT character
Demona- A terrific villain with a great back-story, although consequently the one you sympathize with
Jetstream Sam- One of the best video game boss fights ever, IMO
Marik- Admittedly I'm really only familiar with the YGO abridged version of him, which is hilarious
The Man- I haven't played Guilty Gear, but he looks pretty cool, if nothing else

Dio- Hands down the best part of Phantom Blood
Megatron- I liked him in that animated Transformers movie
Lust- An OK villain in the first anime, completely forgettable in the manga/Brotherhood
Tommyrod- I haven't read Toriko yet, unfortunately
Whiplash- Fuck Iron Man 2

VLordGTZ

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

Results:

That Man: 9 pts
Jetstream Sam: 9 pts
Marik Ishtar: 14 pts
Tywin Lannister: 21 pts
Demona: 24 pts

Megatron: 16 pts
Lust: 11 pts
Tommyrod: 18 pts
Whiplash: 5 pts
Dio Brando: 25 pts

Tywin, Demona, Tommyrod and Dio move on to Round 2.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Pharass

Sorry for the wait guys, here you go:

Round 1, Match 27:

Masato (Mermaid Saga)

Vs

Majin Buu (Dragon Ball)

Vs

Gorilla Grodd (DC)

Vs

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine (Star Wars)

Vs

Kars (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Round 1, Match 28:

Pluto (Astro Boy)

Vs

Moryomaru (Inu Yasha)

Vs

Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde (novel)

Vs

Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)

Vs

Agent Bishop (TMNT '03)

--------------
My votes:

Masato
Palpatine
Kars
Grodd
Buu

Jekyll/Hyde
Legato
Bishop
Pluto
Moryomaru

Too lazy to write anything about my choices at the moment.

In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Avaitor

Grodd
Kars
Palpatine
Masato
Buu

Legato
Jekyll/Hyde
Pluto
Bishop
Moryomaru
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Grodd - Wish I could rate him higher because he was great in JL/U and BTBATB. this made me realize how much I like him.
Palpatine
Kars
Masato
Buu - Cell & Frieza>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Bishop - Besides the CG movie and Turtles Forever, my absolute favorite TMNT anything since Turtles In Time. I don't like 2003 that much but he was the best part of it with fights like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9HeUSNDepg He also made Fast Forward watchable when he was onscreen. Once I think about it, he's like a xenophobic and kungfu version of Vandal Savage.  :D
Legato - One of the most efficient villains in anime. He would have completed succeeded if Vash didn't overcome his despair.
Moryomaru
Pluto
Hyde
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Match 27:

Masato - Probably one of my favorite kid villains. This guy was cruel and ruthless.
Majin Buu - I always appreciated how the only reason he killed and destroyed was because that's all he ever knew how to do and he didn't get that it was a bad thing.
Gorilla Grodd - Always entertaining to watch in action.
Palpatine - Best part about the sequel trilogy.
Kars - Pretty awesome. I also especially enjoy what happens to him at the end of part 2.

Match 28:

Legato Bluesummers - One of my all time favorite villains.
Moryomaru - Calculating and manipulative, but much like Hakudoshi arrogant and prideful. He thought he was a superior creature, but in the end he underestimated Naraku, and that cost him his life.
Pluto - A good person at heart, but bound by his programming to murder. A great character and it's no wonder the arc resonated so much with people when it first came out.
Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde - Never read the book.
Agent Bishop - I don't think I've watched any TMNT episodes with him in it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Kars- Not nearly as great as Dio, but a terrific antagonist for JoJo all the same
Grodd- I really enjoyed him in JL and TBATB
Buu- He's a better villain in the sub than any of the the godawful dubs, and even better still in the manga which rightfully has a good comedic flavor mixed in with the more serious elements of this arc....but he's still one of the weaker DB villains, though (he's far better than Cell, at least, I'll give him that much)
Palpatine- I was honestly never a fan of this guy, neither in the original trilogy nor the prequels, but I'll give him credit just for being the main antagonist of every major Star Wars film to date
Masato- I'm unfamiliar with him, though it's worth mentioning that I know a former classmate named Masato in real life :D

Legato- He's basically the only one to "defeat" Vash, by forcing him to kill
Pluto- I really need to read Astro Boy, though I'm having trouble finding where to [legally] read the volumes online
Hyde- A classic villain
Bishop- I barely remember anything about this show, TBH; maybe I'll give it a re-watch at some point
Moryamaru- Yeah, sorry, I don't know him

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2014, 04:34:38 PM
Pluto- I really need to read Astro Boy, youth I'm having trouble finding where to [legally] read the volumes online

You can't legally read Astro Boy online. Heck, you can't even illegally read Astro Boy online! The only way to read it is to find the print volumes, which are long out of print. Luckily, omnibus editions are coming out this October (unflipped to boot!), so it shouldn't be hard to find for long. 

Pharass

Quote from: Cartoon X on June 14, 2014, 04:47:18 PMYou can't legally read Astro Boy online.

Actually, Dark Horse have some volumes available on their site. Here's a link
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Pharass on June 14, 2014, 05:07:28 PM
Quote from: Cartoon X on June 14, 2014, 04:47:18 PMYou can't legally read Astro Boy online.

Actually, Dark Horse have some volumes available on their site. Here's a link

Oh. I didn't know that. Cool.  :)

VLordGTZ

Buu
Kars - I think that Dio and Kira are better JoJo villains, but Kars is still pretty cool.
Grodd
Masato
Palpatine

Legato
Moryomaru
Pluto
Hyde
Bishop