Favorite Live Action TV Shows

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

Most of it is. Seasons 1-3 and 5 are currently available, but for some reason, season 4 isn't.

Avaitor

Hmm, that seems about right. I know for a while, only the first 2 were up, but usually, they have all but the 4th up. I wasn't sure if this time it was added or not this time.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I think so, but I'll have to double check to be sure. That said, there's way too much stuff on my backlog to re-watch it right now, and this is one of the few series that I would actually like to own (at least the first 3 seasons).

Avaitor

Let me try this by separating comedy and drama, first by mentioning Enlightened, Orange is the New Black, and Freaks and Geeks as shows strong enough to make either list, but don't really fit into either comedy or drama well enough for me to consider them applicable for those respective lists.

Smiley face:

10- The Young Ones
9- It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
8- The Larry Sanders Show
7- Frasier
6- Blackadder
5- Married... With Children
4- Better Off Ted
3- Cheers
2- How I Met Your Mother (yep, still)
1- The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Frowny face:

10- Angel
9- The Sopranos
8- The Twilight Zone
7- The Prisoner
6- Breaking Bad
5- Mad Men
4- Game of Thrones
3- Firefly
2- The Wire
1- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (yep, still)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great lists!

As for your comedy list, I've literally only ever seen Blackadder. I really need to watch more stuff in that department.

As for your drama list, I still need to continue watching The Wire, as well as finally getting around to Mad Men, The Prisoner, and The Sopranos.

Spark Of Spirit

My live action TV show tastes are really bizarre. I'm not so sure I could make a list that makes any semblance of sense.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Great lists, Avaitor! A lot of stuff there I need to check out, but the stuff that's on there that I have seen are some of my favorite shows ever.

I still need to reevaluate HIMYM. That ending did sour me on the show, but I just can't ignore the 8 and a half seasons of solid entertainment it gave me either. One of these days I'll need rewatch the show and see if I can rekindle some of the love for it I had before.

Avaitor

The thing about HIMYM is while the finale isn't what I, or really most people, wanted, whenever I watch some of the show again, I enjoy it about as much as ever. There are places where I can see just what the creators had in mind and still resent it, but I still ultimately care about the characters too much to just forget about all of the time I invested on it because of an admittedly terrible ending. It is tough, but I can still manage through it.

Oh, and one show that I do very much enjoy, but don't feel right ranking, is Disneyland. Actually, few things bring me as much joy as seeing older episodes of Walt's journeys through his world. I wish that all of these episodes were easily available to watch now.

New blog!