E3 2014

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 05, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Sunset Overdrive looks pretty baller. I mean I was hooked on the line "Of course you can.... It's a fucking video game" That and it's gameplay being like Ratchet and Clank.

Spark Of Spirit

Capcom goes bananas with the VC!

QuoteBreath of Fire (Wii U)

Demon's Crest (Wii U)

Gargoyle's Quest II (3DS, Wii U)

Mega Man 5 (Wii U)

Mega Man 6 (Wii U)

Mega Man 7 (Wii U)

Mega Man X3 (Wii U)

Mega Man Zero (Wii U)

Mega Man Battle Network (Wii U)

Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge (Wii U)

Mighty Final Fight (3DS, Wii U)

Street Fighter 2010 (3DS, Wii U)
Capcom of America, why can't you push CoJ around a bit?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just caught the Scalebound trailer. I'm not really a fan of CG trailers that are just giving you an idea of what the gameplay will be like. Something that I've always respected about Itagaki is that he whenever he revealed a new game, it always had gameplay footage taking up most of the trailer's run time.

Having said that, it's a Platinum Games title directed by Hideki Kamiya, so of course I'm excited for it.

Foggle

Credit where it's due, Microsoft's conference was actually pretty good - far better than I was expecting. No mention of Kinect or TV, no children on stage, no embarrassing innuendos... just games. Granted, not all of the games looked good, but this was still a huge step up from their last couple of fuckfests. EA's, meanwhile, was utter shit, and I didn't catch UbiSoft's. Might watch Sony's and Nintendo's when they happen, haven't decided yet.

Sunset Overdrive looks amazing. Gameplay seems awesome and that trailer was stellar. Definitely the game I'm looking most forward to right now, despite my lack of Xbone (apparently the new Xbox division CEO is "committed to PC gamers," so I'm hoping it'll get ported eventually). Between this and Into The Nexus, I'm glad to see Insomniac bouncing back after Fuse, All 4 One, and Full Frontal Assault.

Scalebound trailer didn't really grab me due to its lack of gameplay footage, but it's Platinum Games and Hideki Kamiya so it's bound to be one of this gen's greatest releases. These may only be two exclusives, but when coupled with the removal of Kinect and DRM, I think Microsoft is actually starting to "get" it.

EDIT: Fuck that Project Spark game, though. Someone must pay for defiling Conker like that.

Spark Of Spirit

It's a Ubisoft conference. Unless you want to cringe in your seat, they can be safely skipped.

I've got to say there isn't much interesting me. Some good stuff, but as a whole, nothing making want to run out and get a XBone or PS4.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Hm, PS4 is getting another exclusive Suda51 game, what looks to be a new Souls game, and a "re-imagining" of the original Ratchet & Clank (Insomniac has said before that they don't do straight remakes, so it'll probably be a whole new game). Sony's easily winning for me now. Let's see how well Nintendo does tomorrow!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 09, 2014, 08:55:47 PM
It's a Ubisoft conference. Unless you want to cringe in your seat, they can be safely skipped.

I've got to say there isn't much interesting me. Some good stuff, but as a whole, nothing making want to run out and get a XBone or PS4.

I had work all day and only really caught Sony's conference. It went on way too long and felt like they were just bragging about what's coming to PS4 first instead of what can be offered only on PS4.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 09, 2014, 10:54:05 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 09, 2014, 08:55:47 PM

I had work all day and only really caught Sony's conference. It went on way too long and felt like they were just bragging about what's coming to PS4 first instead of what can be offered only on PS4.
Yeah, I saw a lot of "console exclusives" but not as many exclusives. If you have a gaming PC I can't imagine those seeming very impressive. Still, it was a fairly decent show.

There just isn't much that grabbed me is all. This E3's been pretty flat so far, IMO.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 09, 2014, 07:45:59 PM
Credit where it's due, Microsoft's conference was actually pretty good - far better than I was expecting. No mention of Kinect or TV, no children on stage, no embarrassing innuendos... just games. Granted, not all of the games looked good, but this was still a huge step up from their last couple of fuckfests. EA's, meanwhile, was utter shit, and I didn't catch UbiSoft's. Might watch Sony's and Nintendo's when they happen, haven't decided yet.

Sunset Overdrive looks amazing. Gameplay seems awesome and that trailer was stellar. Definitely the game I'm looking most forward to right now, despite my lack of Xbone (apparently the new Xbox division CEO is "committed to PC gamers," so I'm hoping it'll get ported eventually). Between this and Into The Nexus, I'm glad to see Insomniac bouncing back after Fuse, All 4 One, and Full Frontal Assault.

Scalebound trailer didn't really grab me due to its lack of gameplay footage, but it's Platinum Games and Hideki Kamiya so it's bound to be one of this gen's greatest releases. These may only be two exclusives, but when coupled with the removal of Kinect and DRM, I think Microsoft is actually starting to "get" it.

EDIT: Fuck that Project Spark game, though. Someone must pay for defiling Conker like that.
This is what I wanted to say. Only like 1 out of 5 games interested me but I'm glad they focused on nothing but games.

And sounds like it's a good thing I missed Project Spark.
Quote from: Foggle on June 09, 2014, 10:17:21 PM
Hm, PS4 is getting another exclusive Suda51 game, what looks to be a new Souls game, and a "re-imagining" of the original Ratchet & Clank (Insomniac has said before that they don't do straight remakes, so it'll probably be a whole new game). Sony's easily winning for me now. Let's see how well Nintendo does tomorrow!
Souls?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

A white PS4? Fools! Blue! Do blue! Match the game cases! Do blue!  :joy:

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 10, 2014, 12:16:16 AM
Souls?
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls. This one is actually called Bloodborne, but it looks just like another one of those games.

gunswordfist

Daw, those games. I need to download the free copy from my brother's XBL account. I've never played any of them.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun

So, I've watched a few trailers so far. I was not expecting the Limbo creators to reveal a new game. :SHOCK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp4W5iyRAQA

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

Courtesy of TIME magazine.