E3 2014

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 05, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 10:11:12 AM
Miyamoto confirms a new Star Fox game for Wii U pre-conference.

Anyone hyped now?
More cautiously optimistic (there hasn't been a good Star Fox game since 64, though I enjoyed Adventures), but I'm definitely interested! When does the conference start, btw?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 10, 2014, 10:23:02 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 10:11:12 AM
Miyamoto confirms a new Star Fox game for Wii U pre-conference.

Anyone hyped now?
More cautiously optimistic (there hasn't been a good Star Fox game since 64, though I enjoyed Adventures), but I'm definitely interested! When does the conference start, btw?
In about half an hour.

Something to keep in mind, this game is being developed internally at Nintendo. The last console Star Fox to do that was Star Fox 64.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

My interest is definitely high.

Is the original any good? I never had a chance to play it, and I'd hate for 64 to be the only good game in the franchise (Adventures is decent, but it really isn't a Star Fox game).
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was a mistake show-casing Hyrule Warriors after Bayonetta 2; it looks like such shit in comparison. Hayashi should be ashamed of himself.

Spark Of Spirit

Miis confirmed for Smash (customizable)
Yoshi's Wooly World looks like Kirby's Epic Yarn meets Yoshi's Island. 2015
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker looks like a full game based on Captain Toad's levels in SM3DW. 2014
Zelda Wii U is open world and focused on exploration looks like a combintion between Wind Waker and Skyward Sword artstyle with a steam punk-twist. 2015
Pokemon out this November
Bayonetta 2 includes Bayonetta 1 and a bunch of Nintendo costumes.
Hyrule Warriors has two player adventure mode - Playable Zelda, Midna and out this September
Kirby Canvas Curse sequel for Wii U. 2015.
X is called Xenoblade Chronicles. 2015.
Mario Maker rumor is real. 2015.
Splatoon is an 8-player 4 on 4 multiplayer game. Looks like you have to ink as much of the area as you can. Multiplayer shooter with a Nintendo twist. Interesting squid mechanic. 2015.
Palutena confirmed for Smash
Star Fox closes the Direct as Miyamoto teases it.

AMAZING direct! Best "conference" by far.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on June 10, 2014, 11:23:51 AM
My interest is definitely high.

Is the original any good? I never had a chance to play it, and I'd hate for 64 to be the only good game in the franchise (Adventures is decent, but it really isn't a Star Fox game).
The original is very dated graphically, but if you can get past the graphics, it's a great game.

It's never been re-released, though.

Foggle

Definitely the best E3 conference. Wouldn't really call it "amazing," but it was a very fun watch. Not too fussed about most of the games, but they all look pretty good, which was a nice surprise after the others.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 11:47:43 AM

What an odd choice for a name.  ???

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Not going to lie, the gameplay looks a little buggy (though, the development hell this game went through would do that), and graphically it was clearly meant to be a last-gen game, but if you can look past that, I thought the demo looked hella-fun. Tons of melee weapons were available to use and the game actually combined that with ranged weapons, rather than making the melee an after thought. I also love how you can scale the environment to your advantage, rather than being restricted to just the ground-level most of the time. It's not a game that looks as flashy as other TPS games, but on a mechanical level I can just see how deep the combat will be. I'm definitely excited for it, though hopefully they work out the bugs by the time it releases.

So, yeah, I now have more reason to own a Wii-U than I do any other console (and for that matter, I did even before this reveal, but this just cements it for me).

Spark Of Spirit

Star Fox still hasn't been "officially" shown, so I guess we'll have to wait to see it in action later today. Hopefully before the Smash tournament.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 10, 2014, 12:23:23 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 11:47:43 AM

What an odd choice for a name.  ???
Sorry, apparently it's called "Xenoblade Chronicles X" which is just as weird.

No idea why they did that.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm hoping that they capitalize on a different assortment of vehicles. I don't know about everyone else, but I loved the submarine and tank missions in Star Fox 64; it just adds so much variety to the game.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 10, 2014, 12:35:03 PM
I'm hoping that they capitalize on a different assortment of vehicles. I don't know about everyone else, but I loved the submarine and tank missions in Star Fox 64; it just adds so much variety to the game.
The rumor states that there is a lot of variety to the gameplay which, honestly, Star Fox needs in this day and age. They just need to make the varied styles as fun as the classic one.

I'm just glad its back.

Foggle

Roundup of games I'm looking forward to that were shown or talked about at E3 this year:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Bayonetta 2
Bloodborne
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Devil's Third
The Evil Within
Far Cry 4
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Let It Die
Mirror's Edge 2
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Scalebound
Star Fox U
Sunset Overdrive
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World
Zelda U

Might have even forgot a few. Pretty great year for E3 overall IMO. One of the best in some time I'd say.