Dr. Ensatsu-ken

For me:

Devil's Third
Bayonetta 2
Scalebound
Sunset Overdrive
Yoshi's Wooly World

Spark Of Spirit

Best Zelda art style since Wind Waker. (The entire trailer was in game, by the way)

I liked most of what I saw at the Nintendo conference. I'm really interested in Splatoon, Nintendo's take on the multiplayer shooter.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I really hope that they stick with that costume in the game. It looks awesome.

Also, fuck dated graphics. I love this trailer for DT: http://youtu.be/yJUFGEQf6go

The game looks like it's just a lot of campy over-the-top fun.

Avaitor

Wow, that Zelda looks hella rad.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 10, 2014, 01:21:12 PM
I really hope that they stick with that costume in the game. It looks awesome.

Also, fuck dated graphics. I love this trailer for DT: http://youtu.be/yJUFGEQf6go

The game looks like it's just a lot of campy over-the-top fun.
None of the videos mention release date. Is it this year or next?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

For Devil's Third? Itagaki said this year, but he's been known to delay releases many times before.

I'm assuming that the new Star Fox will be a 2015 game.

Spark Of Spirit

Star Fox info from Miyamoto:

- GamePad screen used for a first-person cockpit view
- third-person behind-the-Arwing-fighter view on the TV
- views can be swapped
- look in any direction to shoot

"Before, in the N64 [game's] levels, when we had these valley modes, it was difficult to play those levels because the aiming was synced to the movement of the ship. So, as you were trying to aim, the movement of the ship was flying around within the valley. But now what we're able to do with the Wii U GamePad is, because the ship can move independently of your aiming, it makes it much more interesting and much more fun to play these valley modes where you're flying the ship but simultaneously aiming at a lot of different things in the level."

- one mode includes simple arena combat
- fight alongside allies Slippy and Falco
- push the joystick in to transform into a tank
- another mode puts you up against Star Wolf
- third mode has you flying around a cityscape with a giant monster
- this mode features a helicopter with rotors
- press the right stick in to drop a robot that can shoot or drive
- the robot is tethered to Fox's ship
- when the robot drops, the GamePad view switches from the aircraft's cockpit to the robot's perspective
- collectible tokens are on the roofs of the buildings

"We're in an era when people have a limited amount of time? to play these long story-based games, so there will be a story for the game, but you'll be able to choose the missions you want to play."

- arena-like missions and "valley" missions
- game is set to be released within a year
- seeking dev partners to work on the project with

"The way I design games is I start by experimenting with different aspects and play styles. Once we have that laid out and understood we go in and build the graphics [around it]. We've been working on a number of different games that use the GamePad as the focus of the gameplay. Among the games we were working on, this was one of them. But originally we weren't targeting E3 as the announcement time for the Star Fox game. But in developing it, we really came to like it and I also wanted to motivate ourselves to complete the game as quickly as possible. So we brought it here to E3 to announce it to give us that motivation."
It looks like the two styles of missions are the on-rail modes classic Star Fox is known for and all-range mode.

They have it scheduled for next year. Here's hoping they pull this off. Star Fox more than deserves a great entry.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on June 10, 2014, 12:46:12 PM
Roundup of games I'm looking forward to that were shown or talked about at E3 this year:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Bayonetta 2
Bloodborne
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Devil's Third
The Evil Within
Far Cry 4
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Let It Die
Mirror's Edge 2
Ratchet & Clank PS4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Scalebound
Star Fox U
Sunset Overdrive
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Wooly World
Zelda U

Might have even forgot a few. Pretty great year for E3 overall IMO. One of the best in some time I'd say.
Did they show footage of Ratchet & Clank PS4 and The Evil Within?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Xenoblade X looks gorgeous. Customizable characters, deep battle system, and a wide open world. Count me in.

Hyrule Warriors is looking good too, despite Hayashi having his bullshit hands on it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I was hoping for Capcom to announce a new DMC game, but it doesn't look like that will happen now. We might need to wait until TGS for that.

Daxdiv

Smash Bros Invitational was fun to watch. I hope Nintendo decides to embrace the idea of a tournament for Smash Bros in the near future.

Spark Of Spirit

Kirby was so close.  :-[

But yeah, the game looks so great. Little Mac, Rosalina, Mega Man, and The Villager are really strong characters.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 12:31:20 PM
Star Fox still hasn't been "officially" shown, so I guess we'll have to wait to see it in action later today. Hopefully before the Smash tournament.

Quote from: Nel_Annette on June 10, 2014, 12:23:23 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 11:47:43 AM
X is called Xenoblade Chronicles. 2015.

What an odd choice for a name.  ???
Sorry, apparently it's called "Xenoblade Chronicles X" which is just as weird.

No idea why they did that.

Oh. Wait, yeah, that is still confusing. Might as well have replaced that X with a 2.

Dat Zelda. Looks. Soooooooo. Good. Please be better than Skyward Sword please be better than Skyward Sword please be better than Skyward Sword...