Spark Of Spirit

Some info on Devil's Third:

Quote- features melee combat
- also includes third-person shooting
- some portions offer up first-person shooting
- features competitive multiplayer
- also includes a level editor
- ability to customize your character
Level editor? Boy, these guys really went all out with this game.

EDIT: Gamespot Stage Demo is better than the IGN one
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 10, 2014, 11:31:04 PM
Level editor? Boy, these guys really went all out with this game.
Hotline Miami 2 has a level editor as well. Of course, that's nothing compared to a full-featured 3D melee action/third person shooter game having one, but still cool. And there's Mario Maker too. Glad to see that out of the box customization tools aren't dead, even on consoles!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Itagaki's games are always jam-packed with content. I fear that the graphics will really hurt the sales of this game because people are just snobs like that. Mechanically the game looks like a lot of fun. Though, my one gripe is how the perspective switches from third person to first person whenever you aim. It's a really jarring transition. I'd rather the entire thing just be in third person. If they could give you that option and fix the game's bugs, then I'm totally sold on it.

Spark Of Spirit

I've been wondering what it is about the 3DS version of Sonic Boom that looks so appealing to me (besides being a Metroidvania style Sonic game) and that seems to be because Sanzaru is making it.

These guys should get more work.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Mortal Kombat X is looking pretty good to me.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 12:29:55 AM
I've been wondering what it is about the 3DS version of Sonic Boom that looks so appealing to me (besides being a Metroidvania style Sonic game) and that seems to be because Sanzaru is making it.

Hm, just checked it out. The 3DS version actually looks like a good game! Why oh why didn't they have Sanzaru develop the main console edition? :??:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on June 11, 2014, 12:37:51 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 12:29:55 AM

Hm, just checked it out. The 3DS version actually looks like a good game! Why oh why didn't they have Sanzaru develop the main console edition? :??:
I guess they just don't have the clout yet. But after Sly 4, I'd trust them a good deal to handle almost anything.

Kiddington

Nintendo stole the show for sure, and I'm not just saying this as an unabashed N fanboy; the sheer volume of what was shown (that I've even seen thus far, I had to work all day so I'm still getting caught up) and my excitement level far tops anything from anyone. Star Fox revival? Cool ass looking new Zelda? Smash being fucking awesome as per usual? MARIO MAKER?!?! Yeah, I am officially excite.

..........oh yeah, and don't forget Yoshi's Wooly World. So glad that project is still alive, and I'm (albeit still VERY cautiously optimistic at this point) thinking we might finally be out of the Yoshi dark ages.

Skeeter Valentine

Is there a place where I can see a list of the games that were actually announced at E3? GameSpot used to have that, but that place just sucks now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Kiddington on June 11, 2014, 04:28:22 AMNintendo stole the show for sure, and I'm not just saying this as an unabashed N fanboy; the sheer volume of what was shown (that I've even seen thus far, I had to work all day so I'm still getting caught up) and my excitement level far tops anything from anyone. Star Fox revival? Cool ass looking new Zelda? Smash being fucking awesome as per usual? MARIO MAKER?!?! Yeah, I am officially excite.

..........oh yeah, and don't forget Yoshi's Wooly World. So glad that project is still alive, and I'm (albeit still VERY cautiously optimistic at this point) thinking we might finally be out of the Yoshi dark ages.

I don't mean to sound negative, but we're never going to get a Yoshi game as good as the original Yoshi's Island. That game is just too close to perfect, and one of the best games ever made. A rare entity at that. I never expected any of the other Yoshi games to even come close to matching it in that regard. At this point, I just want a really good Yoshi game. I'd be satisfied with that. I wouldn't mind something like what NSMB was for Mario games. I mean, I love it, but even then I don't think it holds a candle to SMB3 or SMW, but it was still a really good 2D Mario game that came out after such a long time. I want something similar for the Yoshi series.

Spark Of Spirit

If you guys have a Wii or a U, go pay the six freaking bucks Wario Land Shake It goes for and play it. It's exactly the way a Yoshi game should be structured. Brain-dead easy for kids on a simple play and challenging for 100% with very creative bosses and a ripping soundtrack.

I'm not going to say it tops Yoshi's Island, because it doesn't, but if the new game is as good as Shake It is, it will easily take second place.

gunswordfist

Oh whoa, I can't think of any survival horror games I've played that is actually a legit stealth game. Color me interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM3kSWcEb1M
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Mario Maker looks crazy. Game makers are such good concepts, I'd love to see something like a Sonic or Mega Man Maker.

Spark Of Spirit

It really shows how threatening SMB1 Hammer Bros. is compared to the ones from newer games. Deadly.

I hope they add in warp pipes and SMB2/3/World tile sets to the final game. That would really blow it out.