E3 2014

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 05, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The new 3DS game is a steam-punk game, apparently. Codename: STEAM.

It's a turn based strategy game with action elements made my Intelligent Systems.

EDIT: That apparently plays like Valkyria Chronicles...  :o
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 08:14:13 PMThe new 3DS game is a steam-punk game, apparently. Codename: STEAM.

Is the objective to collect as many Indie Bundles as possible?

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, Nintendo just leveled E3 this year.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

Nel_Annette

I bet it comes with mandatory Kinect.  :D

Spark Of Spirit

Apparently the company that supplied the engine for Devil's Third went under and caused another delay with the game ON TOP OF the closing of THQ. So they had to basically make the game over from scratch it seems.

The game has had one rough road. I hope it comes out alright.

Spark Of Spirit

Amazon has an E3 deal going on, so I pre-ordered both Smash games and Yoshi for a good 30% off the total price (the games are also currently cheaper than in-store prices which is a doubly good deal) and since the games are spread out it won't eat too much of my money.

You guys should check it out. They've got some good deals going on, you're bound to find something good for a solid deal.

Foggle

:o

Time to pre-order The Evil Within, Bayonetta 2, and... something else interesting that comes out this year! (I'd get Smash, but I only play it with friends, and one of them's definitely going to buy it already.) Thanks for the heads up. :)

Foggle

Oh, it's a Canada-only thing. Maybe they'll still ship here for cheap...

EDIT: They won't ship to NA at all.

Nel_Annette

That relieves me a little. I just bought four games off of Amazon today and didn't want to spend more money. Because 30% off, I'd almost have to take that no matter what. XD

Spark Of Spirit

Whoa, .ca has a deal .com doesn't? That's a first.  :o

Sorry about that, guys.

gunswordfist

Fucking Canadians.

Anyway, I'd pick the Evil Within, MGSV and Mortal Kombat X.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 12, 2014, 08:12:16 PM
Whoa, .ca has a deal .com doesn't? That's a first.  :o

Sorry about that, guys.

Spark Of Spirit

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 11, 2014, 10:26:58 AM
Quote from: Kiddington on June 11, 2014, 04:28:22 AMNintendo stole the show for sure, and I'm not just saying this as an unabashed N fanboy; the sheer volume of what was shown (that I've even seen thus far, I had to work all day so I'm still getting caught up) and my excitement level far tops anything from anyone. Star Fox revival? Cool ass looking new Zelda? Smash being fucking awesome as per usual? MARIO MAKER?!?! Yeah, I am officially excite.

..........oh yeah, and don't forget Yoshi's Wooly World. So glad that project is still alive, and I'm (albeit still VERY cautiously optimistic at this point) thinking we might finally be out of the Yoshi dark ages.

I don't mean to sound negative, but we're never going to get a Yoshi game as good as the original Yoshi's Island. That game is just too close to perfect, and one of the best games ever made. A rare entity at that. I never expected any of the other Yoshi games to even come close to matching it in that regard. At this point, I just want a really good Yoshi game. I'd be satisfied with that. I wouldn't mind something like what NSMB was for Mario games. I mean, I love it, but even then I don't think it holds a candle to SMB3 or SMW, but it was still a really good 2D Mario game that came out after such a long time. I want something similar for the Yoshi series.

Eh, I wasn't exactly expecting THAT much..........I just want a Yoshi game that isn't sub-par. Story was bad, DS was mediocre, I'm not optimistic for New Island based off what I read (still haven't bought it yet though, I'll probably end up blowing a gift card on it or something once Christmas rolls around), and you have dozens of other unremarkable outings (Touch and Go, Topsy-Turvy, etc.) sprinkled on top of that as well.

I just want something good. It doesn't have to be as good as Island, that's pretty much nigh impossible as we're talking about one of the most complete all-around platformers ever. Just give me something enjoyable that's fun to play, and isn't bogged down with unnecessary gimmicks (seemingly a staple in series at this point), little to no replay value whatsoever, and ghastly music.