E3 2014

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 05, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 08:14:13 PM
EDIT: That apparently plays like Valkyria Chronicles...  :o
Please don't play with my heart like that dude.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 09:20:35 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 13, 2014, 09:33:19 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 08:14:13 PM
EDIT: That apparently plays like Valkyria Chronicles...  :o
Please don't play with my heart like that dude.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 11, 2014, 09:20:35 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Silver Age art style + Intelligent Systems + Valkyria Chronicles

The Strategy RPG genre can now die happy.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

So I've finally been catching up slowly on what was shown at E3. Still got more to see, but Zelda is looking promising. Here's hoping they pull through this time.

talonmalon333

Also, speaking of Zelda, am I the only one who isn't fond of Midna being playable in Hyrule Warriors? I mean (TWILIGHT PRINCESS SPOILERS), I will say that, if they were to ever bring her back, I'm glad it's in a spin-off game that will probably have no story relevance to Twilight Princess or Zelda continuity in general. However, it still just kind of seems like blatant fan service that Zelda should be above.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The whole game itself is nothing but blatant fan-service. Of all the games that they could've chosen to emulate the formula of, they went with fucking Dynasty Warriors. If you took this same game and didn't put any Zelda characters in it, nobody would give a shit about it. I just can't believe that Nintendo would team up with the company which released such "remarkable" games like DW and NG3 over a company like Platinum Games, who make some of the greatest action games ever.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 12, 2014, 02:20:05 PM
The whole game itself is nothing but blatant fan-service. Of all the games that they could've chosen to emulate the formula of, they went with fucking Dynasty Warriors. If you took this same game and didn't put any Zelda characters in it, nobody would give a shit about it. I just can't believe that Nintendo would team up with the company which released such "remarkable" games like DW and NG3 over a company like Platinum Games, who make some of the greatest action games ever.

Yeah, I'm not hopeful about this game. For my Zelda fix, I'm just going to look forward to the Zelda Wii U game. That's the game that's giving Zelda the next step it needs.

Rynnec

Now that I've recently played Sengoku Basara, I'm a lot more excited about Hyrule Warriors than I was before. Would I have preferred a DMC/NG-style Zelda game? Sure, but the Musou style of gameplay isn't too bad either, especially since it lends itself better for multiple playable characters.

Spark Of Spirit

This game was a smart move to boost Japanese sales, though. Dynasty Warriors games are HUGE in Japan and Zelda is not. This will definitely help Zelda's popularity there.

As for here, well, Zelda has always been the most popular in North America. It won't do anything either way,
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

That is true. I remember hearing that Skyward Sword barely sold at all in Japan. I guess I just wish that Zelda could get the best of both worlds: selling well in North America and Japan without having to aim lower.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, and unfortunately, DMC, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden don't sell well in Japan, either. They just done want to be punished for button mashing, I suppose. Still, mixing Zelda style gameplay with combat styled after any of those games would be my dream game for the greatest action/adventure game ever.

gunswordfist

I had no clue Zelda wasn't huge in Japan. Here, I remember Zelda easily winning greatest video game franchise on g4
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I've always wondered why Zelda doesn't sell too well in Japan. I mean, it seems like the type of game that would be loved over there, even more so than over here.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on July 14, 2014, 01:27:18 PM
I had no clue Zelda wasn't huge in Japan. Here, I remember Zelda easily winning greatest video game franchise on g4
After Ocarina its popularity never really reached that peak again. It's not really clear why it doesn't seem to be too popular there. Hopefully this game will be the shot in the arm the series needs to really get people interested again.

That's why when everyone as going on about a First Person Zelda by Retro I knew it wasn't going to happen purely because of Japan. Metroid Prime bombed there and Zelda needs to start selling better, not worse.

Avaitor

A FPS Zelda sounds like a terrible idea, IMO.

Does Europe still hate Nintendo?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Avaitor on July 14, 2014, 02:15:55 PM
A FPS Zelda sounds like a terrible idea, IMO.

Does Europe still hate Nintendo?

Not an FPS. Just first-person.

I think people predicted it because they felt a third-person perspective wouldn't work well with complete MotionPlus sword controls.