What Are You Reading?

Started by Dr. Insomniac, December 27, 2010, 04:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't read TDKR, but I watched the 2-part animated movie adaptation and really liked it.

I find it incredibly funny how Frank Miller holds the unique distinction of writing one of the best and most iconic Batman stories of all time, and one of the worst and most notoriously terrible Batman stories of all time.

Also, on the subject of animated adaptations, while I loved Justice League: The New Frontier, I remember that Bruce Timm said in an interview that he regretted having to cut so much out of it and wished that he could've made it two parts long. So, I really want to read the original GN sometime. I slso want to read Kingdom Come and WWIII, and too many othet famous JL story-lines to name.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Also, for future reference, can anyone recommend me some good comic books with the Jaime Reyes incarnation of Blue Beetle, and/or also some good stuff with Booster Gold in it?

gunswordfist

i remember timm saying that about new frontier. i've only seen it on cn and loved it. i wonder if they edited out any of the movie for tv.

edit: i hear geoff johns run on booster gold is good.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I believe this might be the best place to start with Jaime Reyes' Blue Beetle since it is his first appearance. The original series is pretty good as a whole, IIRC.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I just noticed that the scene in The Dark Knight where Batman meets with Gordon and Dent on a rooftop was a tribute to a very similar scene from The Long Halloween.

gunswordfist

...i need to reread the long halloween.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Out of curiosity, is Ed Brubaker's run on Iron Fist any good? I saw volumes 1-3 on sale for $7 each at the book store the other day.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

I didn't go through the whole run, but I really like what I've read of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

those immortal ironfist comics are what made me a danny rand fan and have two of my top 10/5 favorite comic book teams, both with iron fist as the star member. i nominated it in the greatest comic book ever tournament for a reason.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Alright, I'll check those out next, while I look for new copies of KnightQuest and KnightSend.

gunswordfist

good. on that note, did you finish knightfall?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yes, if you mean just volume 1 of the trilogy.

gunswordfist

i meant the whole thing, lol

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Then that question is a bit redundant since you posted it JUST after I said that I'm looking for copies of the other two volumes, which insinuates that I haven't read them yet. ;)