The Critic

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 30, 2011, 09:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

This show did the wacky thing way before Family Guy did, and was a hell of a lot more consistent.

Such a shame it didn't last longer, because it deserved to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

My friend gave me his DVD set of this before we graduated from high school and I watched the whole series in about a week. I am so thankful he did because I would've never sought this out on my own and would've missed out on how brilliant it is.

The second season really overdid it with the fat Jay jokes, but they made up for it by being incredibly absurd each time.

Daxdiv

If you don't like Franklin, you good sir, are a COMMUNIST! Really, he was my favorite character. The one moment that always sticks out for me was when he was talking to a scarecrow that had an owl on it, and he kept repeating "My wife, Eleanor." It was the FAT LITTLE PIG episode.

Spark Of Spirit

The voice acting was what really sold the show for me. For some reason, every performance just has the right touch of reality and cartoonish delivery that even the Simpsons seemed to lose around season 8 or so.

ALL HAIL DUKE.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

Man, I miss this show. Who has the rights to it now? Comedy Central?

Commode

Nah, they haven't aired it in several years.  Last I saw, the Reelz Channel aired it, but I think they must've recently lost the rights as well, since it's not on their schedule anymore.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Eddy

It's a shame Williams Street haven't gotten their hands on it. It would be a perfect fit on [adult swim] alongside King of the Hill and Family Guy.

Avaitor

I'd think that it's a little too old, but they got God, the Devil, and Bob, so anything should be fair game.

I do wish the DVD got rereleased at some point at least. I never got to get it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 01, 2011, 12:03:18 AM
If you don't like Franklin, you good sir, are a COMMUNIST!

WAIT! Before you shoot, I gave The Mambo King 4 stars.

HURRAY!

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

New England, you're going back to old England.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daxdiv

Speedy