Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm liking the theme of how a lot of these horror movies are also genuinely great movies, and how the AA is pretty hard-pressed to recognize great films in the genre, and only occasionally gives out nominations and awards to pretend like they aren't biased as hell against genre films.

Daikun

Daikun

talonmalon333

Honestly, I think this year has kind of been unfortunate. His regular Monster Madness videos are as great as usual, but I'm just not that interested in long, meandering conversations with Mike Matei.

I mean, today's is seriously twenty five minutes.

LumRanmaYasha

Personally, I've enjoyed the discussion topic ones. I feel that they should have been side-videos, rather than counted as Monster Madness videos, but otherwise I found them pretty interesting thoughts and conversations to listen to. Maybe it helps that I play them while I'm multitasking, since I often listen to podcasts and internet reviews and the like when I'm working late nights to help keep me up, so while I've been listening to them I've also not just been sitting there and staring at a screen doing nothing for 10-25 minutes.

Daikun

I feel the Mike videos are better when they're general topics than a single movie.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I find the duscussions to be hit or miss. I didn't really care for the one that we had today, but found the one about what does and doesn't count as horror to be really interesting, for example.

I should mention that I find Mike Matei to be perfectly tolerable when he does videos with James (I regularly watch James & Mike Mondays). It's his solo videos in which he can be a real snob about his opinions.

Daikun

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't watched the video, yet, but personally I found It Follows to be rather overrated, myself.

Daikun

Daikun

gunswordfist

Hmm, I need to rewatch that one...*rubs beard*
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun