Cinemassacre's Monster Madness

Started by Daikun, September 23, 2014, 03:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Foggle

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on May 17, 2016, 11:48:39 PM
Brad Jones' response.

Sad thing is, Brad's gotten a bit of backlash himself because people think he's insulting James.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 17, 2016, 08:17:23 PM
I payed money to see The Descent in theaters about a decade ago and that had an all female cast (except for, like, one guy who dies in the first scene), so by Internet standards that means I was being anti-sexist way before it was cool. I believe that makes me immune from the sexist label for life.

I can raise the stakes and lose any credibility I've ever had with the following sentence. I saw Sucker Punch in theaters bitch! To this day, I still don't know if it was a feminist or an anti-feminist movie because I have seen compelling arguments from both sides of field. I'm probably anti-feminist by just even watching the movie by internet standards though. :^) Where do I get my plaque?

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 17, 2016, 07:52:53 PM
Which is also funny since it's been confirmed from the leaked Sony e-mails and early impressions that it's more or less a disaster.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that someone wouldn't want to see a bad looking movie because it looks bad.

My plans for seeing this movie is this... I'm waiting for Netflix or Redbox to have it and watch it there, like I did for Fant4stic. The trailer did absolutely nothing for me to go "I need to see that in theaters", the 1st one, the International 1 and the one that was attached to Batman vs Superman. If anything, I'm expecting a repeat of either Fant4stic or BvS when reviews and Box Office results come in.

Peanutbutter

If Ghostbusters defies expectations and gets good critical/fan reviews I'll try to watch it in theaters. I'll be glad when this finally comes out so one way or another this "sexism" debate can finally shut up.

Foggle

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 18, 2016, 07:53:58 AM
I saw Sucker Punch in theaters bitch! To this day, I still don't know if it was a feminist or an anti-feminist movie because I have seen compelling arguments from both sides of field.
It's neither. There's no way Zack Snyder is intelligent enough to incorporate any sort of ideology or message into his films.

Spark Of Spirit

Like he said, the game is basically Ghostbusters 3. It's the closest we're ever going to get.

Good video, but he should have watched the videos Midnight's Edge did. They go into far greater detail as to why we got this bad looking reboot instead of a third movie, or even a passing of the torch movie.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Dalek

You know its funny. By getting feminists to jump on top of him over an argument he didn't even make in said video, this is the most relevant James has been in years.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Foggle on May 18, 2016, 11:39:30 AM
Quote from: Daxdiv on May 18, 2016, 07:53:58 AM
I saw Sucker Punch in theaters bitch! To this day, I still don't know if it was a feminist or an anti-feminist movie because I have seen compelling arguments from both sides of field.
It's neither. There's no way Zack Snyder is intelligent enough to incorporate any sort of ideology or message into his films.
""No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn't really doing it for me." I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, "This is more my scene."" - Zack Snyder

Daikun

Zack Snyder is essentially the darker, edgier Michael Bay.

Peanutbutter

Funny thing is, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 that Bay produced actually looks like it will not only have way more to do with the source material than the other but actually looks like a lot of fun. Even people who hated the first Turtles film are getting excited over this, and they were down on the first one throughout.

Daikun

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Daikun on May 22, 2016, 06:56:42 PM
This recut Ghostbusters trailer looks better than the one that Sony made.

That the international trailer? Because I've been hearing that's a lot better.

Daikun

No, this one is a fan cut.

And no, the international trailer isn't any better.