31 Nights of Halloween

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 01, 2014, 11:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, are we the only 3 people on this board who have seen this movie? Because if that's true, then it seriously needs to be remedied quickly. How can you not love a movie that has the awesome sense to play Party Time by Grave 45 during its iconic "Zombies emerging from the graveyard" scene? That's just pure class. :sly:

Oh, I also love this exchange from the movie:

-"I thought you said if we destroyed the brain it'd die!"

-"It worked in the movie!"

-"Well it ain't work'n now, Fred!"

-"You mean the movie lied!?"

talonmalon333

Only two people here have seen the Evil Dead trilogy, and only three people have seen Return of the Living Dead. Animation Revelation is confirmed to be horror malnourished.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 06, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
-"I thought you said if we destroyed the brain it'd die!"

-"It worked in the movie!"

-"Well it ain't work'n now, Fred!"

-"You mean the movie lied!?"

I knew I was forgetting to post a good exchange!

Avaitor

For a second opinion on Carrie, I really recommend it, myself. The book and film.

Return of the Living Dead is ace, as well.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 06, 2014, 04:56:51 PM
Only two people here have seen the Evil Dead trilogy
Actually, I think everyone here has seen it. ROTLD, I don't know about.

So far this "event" has been really fun. I've rewatched a lot of good movies I tend to forget about otherwise. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to participate in them all, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Lord Il

*raises hand* I've seen Return of the Living Dead more than once and loved it.

When I was a kid, the scene that freaked me out the most was the half dog that came to life. Go figure.
:il_hahaha:

Spark Of Spirit

I forgot to say that "Surfin' Dead" by The Cramps is the best song in the movie. Really nails the whole tone of the film.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 7:

It's time to go psychotic with tonight's horror comedy thriller that's all about the American Dream, or a much more twisted version of it, anyways. Before he dawned the iconic cape and cowl, billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne was apparently a homicidal serial killer who had many issues to sort out over the traumatic experience of witnessing his parents being murdered right in front of him. This trauma clearly buried itself deep inside if him and brought out his dark(er) side in a sinister and disturbing way, until years later he was trained by the League of Shadows and then became a crime fighter for justice with a no killing policy, keeping himself from having his previous identity being discovered by masking his voice with an impossible to understand grumbling sound. And that, my friends, is the story of the American Psycho....who oddly enough is played by a British dude.

Alright, bad joke aside, I actually haven't seen this movie in ages, so I honestly barely remember anything about it. I'll remedy that by re-watching it tonight. ;)

talonmalon333

From what I've seen, this movie is Bale's best performance.

Spark Of Spirit

As far as "delusional worldly man gets swallowed by the world and madness" stories, I prefer this to Fight Club. It hits the mark a lot harder I've always thought.

That said, the chainsaw on the stairs gave me a lot of laughs when I first saw the scene.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 07, 2014, 02:22:19 PM
As far as "delusional worldly man gets swallowed by the world and madness" stories, I prefer this to Fight Club. It hits the mark a lot harder I've always thought.

That said, the chainsaw on the stairs gave me a lot of laughs when I first saw the scene.

I agree, though I never liked Fight Club quite as much as most people.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Fight Club is a good movie. You guys are just nuts. :bleh:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on October 07, 2014, 02:45:00 PM
Fight Club is a good movie. You guys are just nuts. :bleh:

I like it! But I've heard a lot of people call it a masterpiece, to which I disagree. ;D

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

True, it's not as great a film as many people overhype it to be, but that's not the film's fault, but rather that of the rabid fans who over praise it. Whenever something gets praised that much, it inevitably sets people up to go in ready to just scrutinize it for all of its flaws just to show that it's not as great as the fans seem to believe it is.i viewed the film, thankfully enough, before I even knew how popular it was, so I went in with literally no preset expectations, and I can say that from my viewing experience, it is a pretty good movie with a nice sense of humor and some admittedly poignant subtext. It's no masterpiece by any stretch, but it's still definitely well-made for what it does right, and I also enjoy that it doesn't take itself completely seriously, as it shows a good sense of humor throughout the film.

But, anyways, I digress. I meant for people to talk about American Psycho, not Fight Club. Of course it's Desensitized who had to bring it up in the first place, despite not being a fan of the latter. :P

Spark Of Spirit

I was just comparing intentions. I just feel American Psycho does it better.

That's all. Yeesh, you're touchy.  :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

No, I'm not touchy. I'm right. There's a difference. :humhumhum: