31 Nights of Halloween

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, October 01, 2014, 11:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I'm pro-Fight Club all the way, myself.

I honestly don't like American Psycho very much at all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Uh-oh....don't let Desensitized read that. :>

No, but to its credit, I do at least think that American Psycho is definitely funnier, from what I can remember of it, if that counts for anything. Like I said, I'm planning on re-watching it tonight.

talonmalon333

Spark, look what you did.

As for American Psycho, I heard that the writer wished he had did the ending differently.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle's the one who suggested it. I don't have a dog in this fight.  :humhumhum:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I dunno, I came into AP with open arms, but very little of the humor did much for me Christian Bale's performance was strong, but that's all it had going for me. :??:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 07, 2014, 02:15:40 PM
From what I've seen, this movie is Bale's best performance.
Agreed!

For some reason, the humor in this picture just really does it for me. I've seen the film three times, and I always crack up near-constantly throughout. I think it's an incredibly well-written and acted movie, with some of the greatest dry and/or morbid comedy of all time. I love it to pieces. :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

NIGHT 8:

It's time to send the undead back to their graves in this insanely bizarre horror comedy. And....that's about all I've got. I only ever saw part of this movie a long time ago, and just like American Psycho, I really need to re-watch (or in this case finish watching) it.

But, by all means, discuss away! :joy:

Avaitor

This one is actually new to me! But I have the DVD from Netflix, so I'll try to watch it tonight.

New blog!

Foggle

This is one of my all time favorites, in my top 3 for sure. Everything about this film is amazing to me; the writing, the directing, the acting... everything. It's a bit (okay, a lot) weird, so I think you need some level of appreciation for surrealist film making to truly love this movie like I do, especially the last act. It's an incredibly hilarious, intriguing, bizarre, and rewarding film. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on October 08, 2014, 03:57:48 PM
This is one of my all time favorites, in my top 3 for sure. Everything about this film is amazing to me; the writing, the directing, the acting... everything. It's a bit (okay, a lot) weird, so I think you need some level of appreciation for surrealist film making to truly love this movie like I do, especially the last act. It's an incredibly hilarious, intriguing, bizarre, and rewarding film. I hope everyone enjoys it!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I have no idea what that gif is supposed to mean. I'm going to interpret it as, "Yes, Foggle, you are correct; also, I love you and worship the ground upon which you stand." :sly:

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on October 08, 2014, 07:32:07 PM
I have no idea what that gif is supposed to mean. I'm going to interpret it as, "Yes, Foggle, you are correct; also, I love you and worship the ground upon which you stand." :sly:
And that he wants a Tom Kenny body pillow.

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Insomniac

He cares not for secrets, but for carnal love.

Avaitor

I'll take one in Ice King, please.

New blog!