DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was a good finale outside of the fact that it cheaply left us hanging on a cliffhanger. Say what you want about Arrow's finale (personally I enjoyed it despite some problems), but at least it actually wrapped up that story arc.

That said, this finale is both a perfect lead-in to season two as well as Legends of Tomorrow. I now have four shows in the same fictional Universe to be excited about, now: Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl (and yes, despite being on a different channel, it's still confirmed to be part of the Flarrow-verse).

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I'm going to be watching a lot next season. With Person of Interest tacked on, that's 5 weekly dramas for me. I haven't kept up with that many shows, let alone dramas, in a long time.

As for the cliffhanger, it was exactly as crazy as Arrow's first season finale. I'm wondering if we should be expecting the same for LoT and Supergirl now. Is this a tradition?

Anyway, I'm good with it since I'm sure it'll lead to something even better.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

10 Characters That Should Appear in Arrow Season 4

They stole some of my ideas.

I really hope if Richard Dragon and Question show up that they are the original versions of those characters. We have enough martial arts inclined bad guys on the show, that it would be nice to have some good ones with Richard Dragon (possibly making Ollie a better fighter?), and then there's Vic Sage whose own path of being a hero is quite interesting in itself, plus he was trained by Richard Dragon, too.

The ones I don't want to see are Diggle becoming the Green Lantern (He's an original character, please don't turn him into John Stewart) and the Red Hood showing up. I also think Booster Gold hasn't shown up because of rights issues involved in another TV show the producers were making.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

So, Zoom is the villain of season 2 and Jay Garrick shows up. The hype for season 2 is off the chain.

On the other hand, I don't think Arrow got any sort of hint toward season 4 at Comic-Con. I wonder what's up with that?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Perhaps they are being more careful after they got a lot of flak for some of their story and character turns in season 3, which was very polarizing.

Seriously, though, am I the only one who finds most of the complants for that season to be ridiculous? It had some flaws, but when I see people complaining about good stuff like Oliver temporarily leaving the island for the flashbacks this season, or irrelevant stuff like how they didn't like Felicity temporarily hooking up with The Atom, I just have to groan. The former type of complaint is just lashing out at the show for doing new things, regardless of how well written it is. The latter complaint is representative of how obsessive fans get over romance sub-plots that I couldn't give two shits about.

Spark Of Spirit

Some recent Arrow articles I stumbled over.

Season 4 characters that need to die:

Spoiler
9 - Roy Harper
8 - Count Vertigo
7 - Nyssa Al Ghul
6 - Malcolm Merlyn
5 - Lyla Michaels
4 - Thea Queen
3 - Laurel Lance
2 - Detective Lance
1 - Felicity Smoak
[close]

Season 4 characters that shouldn't die:

Spoiler
10. Nyssa al Ghul
9. Sara Lance
8. Quentin Lance
7. Laurel Lance
6. Oliver's Baby Mama
5. Baby Sara
4. Lyla Michaels
3. John Diggle
2. Thea Queen
1. Felicity Smoak
[close]

Putting aside the cross-over of many names (different writers and all), I really don't understand a lot of the season 3 hate. Because Felicity wasn't as good as she was in season 1 and 2 she should be killed off? Come on. Roy has left town and deserves a happy ending. Lyla is who anchors Diggle down as a character, and she's pretty cool herself. Killing off good characters to add drama and bring in more grimdark isn't going to make the show better.

On the other hand, I am pretty sick of Nyssa, Malcolm, and the league. I wouldn't mind taking a break from them for a few seasons. But killing them off? They're villains. Unless it's story-related, there's really no point randomly killing of villains. Especially when the hero is killing less and less.

I kind of want season 4 ASAP to stop the whining now.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Season 3 has its flaws, but fuck the whiners. It was still a good season.

Avaitor

Well, I wasn't expecting that...

I've heard that Constantine was a decent show, but not really a great one. But it's at least way better than the movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

He's not The Question or Richard Dragon, but sure, okay.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I watched about half of the show while it was still airing and dropped it at the mid-season. The show itself was really mundane, IMO, but for what it's worth, Matt Ryan actually seemed to fit the role of the character just fine.

Avaitor

This is interesting, for sure.

I won't lie, I haven't had a whole lot of desire to collect Arrow or Flash, and I'm still not very interested in Gotham, but this looks somewhat enticing regardless.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know what the deal breaker is in that package, for me? Got Ham. I'd rather buy a package with just the two good shows for the same price rather than own Got Ham. I don't like to own garbage, even if it's part of a set.

Hell, I would've even settled for Constantine over Got Ham, and I didn't even care for that show, either.

LumRanmaYasha

$153.00 for only the first seasons of three different shows, one of which isn't any good, and that's the price for the dvd set to boot? If I wanted to, I could just get the first seasons of Arrow and Flash separately on blu-ray off of Amazon for around $60 together. Yeah, I think I'll stick to just watching these on Netflix and Hulu for now, thank you.

Spark Of Spirit

No desire for Flotsam, and I have Arrow season 1 (which works much better when you watch it on DVD in mini-marathons, by the way) so this isn't for me.

Not a bad idea, though.