DC Live Action

Started by Spark Of Spirit, October 08, 2014, 07:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It definitely was one of the best episodes, especially considering it changed a lot of things I wasn't expecting to be changed so soon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just saw the teaser for The Flash/Supergirl crossover episode. It doesn't really show much, but I'm still hyped.

Anyways, the official synopsis was also released, and it confirms that both series do NOT, in fact, take place in the same Universe, as people suspected. Instead it's similar to the Earth Two scenario, where each series exists in parallel dimensions.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here's a new Supergirl/The Flash crossover preview: https://youtu.be/Cdr8_IQqT-E

Looks like it should be pretty fun.

Dr. Insomniac

It won't happen, but I hope BvS's critical failure will mean Warner Bros eases up on the sanctions over the Arrowverse shows. Bring back some embargoed characters that haven't been killed off yet. Possibly get Superman to show his face on Supergirl. Like Brandon Routh is literally a block away from the Supergirl set, and that would make fans go "Ooh!" if they ever happen to make a brief crossover with Legends.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This was a pretty fun crossover episode of Supergirl and The Flash, overall. I enjoyed seeing Barry interact with most of the regular cast and team up with Kara, but I do feel that we could have gotten a few more moments of teamwork here and there, and the ending where the people suddenly have a change of heart and try to defend Supergirl was beyond corny. After all of the shit that she caused when her mind was under the influence of Red Kryptonite, I feel like it should have at least taken her the rest of the season to earn back the trust of National City. To have it happen just because she happened to block some lightning from hitting a helicopter felt ridiculously easy. If it was at least a contained incident, having her earn back the trust of just the handful of people who witnessed her, I could still probably swallow it (the line "she was willing to die for us" was atrocious, though), but having the news spread fast and then having her status quo restored overnight just felt like a huge cop-out, and a waste of the really interesting aftermath that was left by the Red Kryptonite incident.

Spark Of Spirit

Actually, it technically did go to the end of the season since there are only two episodes left.  ;D

But yeah, that aside it was a really fun episode. It's a shame Supergirl/Superman are on Earth Three (basically), but it does still lend the possibility to crossovers in the future.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

Yeah, the civilians stepping up for Supergirl felt like the "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" scene from Spider-Man.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I'm just going to come out and say it: This is my favorite episode of The Flash to date. I just loved the concept of the modern Barry confronting the Eobard Thawne from the first season. It was great to see that character again, even if the actor himself has still been a regular of the show this season. And yes, I'm sure some nit-picky bastard could point out tons of plot-holes here and there when time-travel is thrown into the mix to this extent, but I honestly couldn't give two fucks. It was satisfying in terms of great character development and presenting us with a unique and intriguing situation. I also love the concept of the Time Wraith. I hope that this is not the last that we ever see of it.

Dr. Insomniac

Anyone else wish Snart got a hookhand by the end of the episode instead of just regenerating it? Otherwise, didn't see that coming with the reveal.

Spark Of Spirit

I was kind of hoping Snart wouldn't have told them about his identity, went back in time and got him, and then they would have had a paradox to deal with.

But this is an interesting way to deal with it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, I never even thought bout the possibility of Chronos's identity being a twist to begin with, but it is a pretty cool reveal. It does bring up yet another easy to ignore, but still notable, plot-hole:

Spoiler
Wouldn't Heat Wave already know that his earlier attempts to kill the group as Chronios would fail? Thus, he wouldn't undergo the same courses of action that he took against them in the previous episodes in the first place if he already knew that they would get away. Though, you could argue that the Time Masters brainwashing him messed with his memory a bit, but that doesn't really hold up to scrutiny since he clearly remembers his time with the team well enough.
[close]

It's nothing that kills the twist for me, but it is just an interesting inconsistency to bring up.

And in response to Dr. Insomniac's question: I was actually hoping that he'd get it replaced with a metal hand and then have an epic redemption story-line a-la-Game of Thrones. I'm only half joking.

Dr. Insomniac

I watched the series finale of Smallville yesterday on a whim, and it's amazing to see how much CW's portrayal of superheroes changed between then and now. The fight scenes were about seconds long, full-body shots of the Superman costume weren't even allowed, and there were so many awkward juxtapositions thanks to the show's insistence on avoiding superhero tropes while showing a CGI Darkseid and Apokolips. Not to mention this show's Green Arrow.

Spark Of Spirit

Spoiler
I don't think she's dead. Something about how she asked Oliver to do something for her makes me doubt it.
[close]

Avaitor

Wow, this was a good episode of Arrow! While I'm still sad about Laurel's death (surprising, I know), I'm curious to see how things will turn out from here.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/