31 Days of Christmas

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 01, 2014, 08:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

That 24 hour marathon (and others) burned me out on this movie for the longest time. Thankfully, it's no longer overplayed and I can enjoy it for what it is again.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 11, 2014, 04:04:35 PM
That 24 hour marathon (and others) burned me out on this movie for the longest time. Thankfully, it's no longer overplayed and I can enjoy it for what it is again.

It's still played for 24 hours on Christmas, so how is it less overplayed now?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 11, 2014, 04:05:48 PM

Where? I haven't seen it in a marathon for years.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 11, 2014, 04:10:14 PM

I still see it on TBS every Christmas.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 11, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

I'm not sure why they feel the need to air one movie for 24 hours straight.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 11, 2014, 04:14:35 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 11, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

I'm not sure why they feel the need to air one movie for 24 hours straight.

Perhaps, but my point was that it's as played now as it was years ago. :P

I still think it's one of the best Christmas movies, though. And any time I catch a part of it, I enjoy it just as much.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My apologies guys. I got so preoccupied helping my family put up Christmas decorations yesterday that I totally forgot to update this thread. Hence, we are going to do 2-days in one today to make-up for yesterday.

DAY 12:

Robot Chicken- Robot Chicken Christmas Special (2005)

DAY 13:

As for that Robot Chicken episode, it's been so long since I've last seen it, but it's usually pretty great when it comes to holiday specials.

That South Park episode is easily my 2nd favorite of it's Christmas specials, and IMO one of the best musical episodes in any show. Every song is hilarious, and it's a really unique episode that has aged much more gracefully than a lot of other early season South Park episodes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

And it happened again. Sorry about that.

DAY 14:

Black Christmas

DAY 15:

I thought that it'd be fun to put together two polar opposite films in one day. On the one hand you have the horrifying holiday classic, Black Christmas, which sadly I still have yet to see, but really want to get around to. The idea of a Christmas-themed horror movie is just brilliant, and really makes this one of the most unique and refreshing Christmas specials of all time.

It's A Wonder Life is a classic that really needs no introduction. Even putting the Christmas theme aside, it's just a great story about human nature and what's truly important in our lives. I'd say that it's one of the most essential films for anyone to watch, whether it's Christmas time or not.

talonmalon333

Black Christmas is very much a personal classic. I try to make sure I watch it every year, late on Christmas night (watching a slasher movie next to a lit Christmas tree is delightful). It's more unique than Halloween, and is very good in its own way. I also have to say that the movie becomes stronger on rewatches. I liked it the first time I saw it but wasn't especially impressed. Now, I'd call it one of the best slasher movies I've seen, probably second to Halloween.

It's a Wonderful Life is It's a Wonderful Life. Arguably one of the best movies ever made. I don't need to say much more than that.

Daikun

I love It's a Wonderful Life, as well as Frank Capra's other works. I really recommend checking out the director's other movies; it seems like this one overshadows the rest of his filmography due to its popularity on the holidays.

talonmalon333

Also, Jimmy Stewart is one of the best.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on December 15, 2014, 12:57:29 PM
I love It's a Wonderful Life, as well as Frank Capra's other works. I really recommend checking out the director's other movies; it seems like this one overshadows the rest of his filmography due to its popularity on the holidays.
I don't know how often I've mentioned this on here, but It Happened One Night is one of my very favorite movies, period.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on December 15, 2014, 05:56:17 PMI don't know how often I've mentioned this on here, but It Happened One Night is one of my very favorite movies, period.

My favorites are Arsenic and Old Lace and Meet John Doe.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

DAY 16:

In all honesty, I have yet to see this version of this classic, but I've heard that it's the best "faithful" reselling of the timeless classic. I'll try to watch it before Christmas.

talonmalon333

Alastair Sim will always be Scrooge to me.

Beautiful telling of the story.