Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody!

Started by gunswordfist, November 27, 2014, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Ditto! Hope y'all have a good 'un!  :e_hail:

gunswordfist

thanks! everything is still getting set up here.

LumRanmaYasha

So, did everyone have a good Thanksgiving?

Ours went quite well. The dinner was great as usual and it was just nice to be around the family again after such a long time. A good emotional relief after a stressful couple of weeks. Too bad I have a busy weekend ahead, but hopefully I can do some fun stuff with Vlord before I go back.

gunswordfist

I hope you do as well. :) I had a great time! The food was good, we had some good laughs, I was thanked for my help, I loved seeing my niece have her 2nd Thanksgiving and we watched some of the Madagascars on tv.

Daikun

My folks and I woke up in the morning and watched a DVR'd Thanksgiving parade while having breakfast. Mmmmm... Egg and sausage casserole... :drool:

Then we went up to my uncle's place for dinner--it's tradition. It was nice seeing the folks again. We binged on wine and had wonderful meals.

Our main contribution to the feast was dessert. My sister tried out a new pie recipe with pudding and chocolate shavings. I made a Watergate Salad. We also bought a few pies.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

I had to leave shortly after dinner last night, since I had to work all day today. I didn't take off since my family's only an hour home from my current place/work, so why bother?

But it was nice to see my mother, grandfather, and dog again, even for only a day or so. Since my sister wasn't home this time, and my grandfather isn't big on turkey, we decided to switch it out for ham and prime rib instead. Not a bad trade, tbh.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/