Venture Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 23, 2011, 06:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on September 07, 2020, 07:35:33 PMYeah, what happened? It can't be due to the regime change, because Venture Bros' ratings were still normal. And if this were an HBO Max issue, they could've just moved the show there.

Let's face it: The show was TERRIBLE with deadlines. Making us wait three years just for an 8-episode season was agonizing, and I think the network's patience ran out, especially when they spent so much money only to have minimal returns that were way overdue.

Also, AT&T has been downsizing WarnerMedia to stave off its debt. This show might've been one of the casualties.

I'm going to miss this show. It's a shame it won't get the finale it deserves. It seemed like season 8 was going to wrap everything up.

I'm really hoping HBO Max/Netflix/some other network can let them finish off the show.

EDIT: Adult Swim made a statement on Twitter.

Avaitor

If you want to let them finish the show... let them have their 8th season. Or at least a movie.

I'll admit, I've been way behind on Venture, but no one wanted to see it end just yet. This is pretty disappointing news.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

I wouldn't rule against this being because of the recent changes behind the scenes with AT&T. Of course, Covid maybe played a part in this. I didn't watch more than a few episodes, but I'm sorry for all of its fans. Seven seasons across a decade or not it should be allowed to finish it's last arcs and right now it doesn't sound like it will get to.

Hopefully, in a couple years it can get a reboot or movie. A lot can change.

Daikun

Daikun

First look at the new movie.

Daikun

Daikun