gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - 15
Hard-Boiled - 9
Aliens - 17
Dial M for Murder - 9

Aliens and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly move on to round 4.

Round 3: Match 5

An American Werewolf in London

VS.

Twelve Angry Men

VS.

Jaws

VS.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

My Picks:

12 Angry Men
Raiders of the Lost Ark
An American Werewolf in London
Jaws

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

American Werewolf
Jaws
12 Angry Men
Indiana Jones

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 21, 2015, 11:40:39 AM
Opposite of Dr. Ensatsu-ken.

You have shit taste. :bleh:

Actually, for what it's worth, I like all of these movies. That said, I was never a huge fan of Indiana Jones. I always simply just liked it.

Spark Of Spirit

I really like all of them, but Raiders is at the top of my list for favorite movies ever.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

12 Angry Men
Jaws
Indiana Jones
London, France
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Foggle

12 Angry Men
Indiana Jones
American Werewolf
Jaws

It's a tough one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

One thing that I just wanted to bring up while this round is still up is about Jaws. Out of curiosity, have any of you guys ever looked into the making of that film? It's really fascinating. By all accounts, the actual filming was a complete disaster. Robert Shaw and Richard Dreyfuss couldn't stand each other, and were constantly at each other's throats. There were way more technical problems than just the mechanical shark, including an incident where the boat started sinking by accident in an unscripted moment, putting the actors and several technical operators in danger. And also Spielberg was sure that he'd be fired any day given how bad the production was turning out and how they had gone way over-budget.

When you contrast that with how the final product actually turned out, as well as the fact that this became the highest grossing movie of its time, it truly does seem like a miracle.

Spark Of Spirit

Spielberg is one of the best. I do wish he could make a blockbuster on the level of Raiders or Jaws again. But he's no Lucas, so here's hoping he will make one again someday.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I do think that he's made several great movies since then, but he moved on from Blockbusters (putting Jurassic Park aside).

Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Munich, and The Adventures of Tintin were all great movies for very different reasons, IMO.

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

An American Werewolf in London - 12
Twelve Angry Men - 18
Jaws - 14
Raiders of the Lost Ark - 16

Twelve Angry Men and Raiders of the Lost Ark move on to round 4.

Round 3: Match 6

Hotel Rwanda

VS.

Rear Window

VS.

The Untouchables

VS.

Casablanca

Spark Of Spirit