The Greatest Live-Action Movie Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, March 13, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Did you get around to most of those movies, Spark? Obviously I know you like Raiders, but I think that you'd love The Philadelphia Story if you gave it a watch. And The Tree of Life might not be your thing, but it isn't too far removed from your personal beliefs.

I'm not sure about Cemetery Man, though. I should definitely go back to it soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I think he watched them all since he voted. At least I hope so. :oo:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I like them all except Cemetery Man, which I haven't gotten around to. I can remove my vote if you want. The problem is that otherwise these things will go on forever.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Hey, it's cool, I was just curious. :)

I think we're all going to have to end up voting in matches where we haven't seen all of the movies as this goes along. At least you only have 1 gap this round, right?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

So I can admit that I've only watched 15 minutes of The Name Of The Rose now?  :humhumhum:

gunswordfist

I think I'll have to pass on both matches. I'm trying to watch all episodes of Justice League, Batman Beyond and Regular Show (well, at least all the episodes Netflix has) by Monday.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

START THE NEXT ROUND!

START THE NEXT ROUND!

**Continuous chant**

LumRanmaYasha

I would love to, but...

Results:

Match 3:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 6
The Philadelphia Story - 6
The Tree of Life - 6
Cemetery Man - 2

Match 4:

Dr. Strangelove (or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb) - 4
Blue Velvet - 4
The 400 Blows - 5
The Night of the Hunter - 7

We got ourselves a three-way tie in match 3. Someone break it, then we'll move on. If no one does before the end of the day I'll break the tie myself, even though the only movie I've seen in that match is Raiders.

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

That's all well and good, GSF, but unless you post a full vote the tie between Philadelphia Story and the Tree of Life still can't be broken.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

LumRanmaYasha

Thanks, Dr. E-K.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Philadelphia Story, The Night of the Hunter, and The 400 Blows move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 5

Army of Darkness

VS.

Ghostbusters

VS.

Once Upon A Time In the West

VS.

M

Round 1: Match 6

The Graduate

VS.

Mean Girls

VS.

Oldboy

VS.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh, I might actually be able to vote on both of these rounds, provided that I can easily find a way to watch M and Virginia Wolf. I've seen everything else, though, and they are all great movies, so it should be an interesting round.

Pharass

Match 5:

M
Once Upon A Time In the West
Ghostbusters
Army of Darkness

Unfortunately, I've only seen Old Boy in match 6.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.