The Greatest Live-Action Movie Ever Tournament

Started by LumRanmaYasha, March 13, 2015, 06:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Truthfully, I don't want any of these movies to be knocked out in the first round, but since most people on this board hate Argo, I might as well switch my votes to give CA the edge.

gunswordfist

Foggle

Hard-Boiled
Raging Bull
Captain America: The First Avenger
Argo

Serenity
Copland
Hitchcock
Cabin in the Woods

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 08, 2015, 07:03:58 PM
Truthfully, I don't want any of these movies to be knocked out in the first round, but since most people on this board hate Argo, I might as well switch my votes to give CA the edge.
I don't hate Argo! It's just the one I care least about here.

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 08, 2015, 05:40:01 PM
The Captain America movies are the only MCU films I care about (besides Guardians of the Galaxy), the character himself is a contender for my favorite Marvel character (it's a toss up between him, Spider-Man, and Deadpool)
MY MAN :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I haven't read enough Deadpool yet. But I love Brubaker's Captain America and Iron Fist.

gunswordfist

I love MCU Capt. I haven't seen any reason to really like him in comics..but then again those would be modern comics that don't have his name in the title.
Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 08, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
I haven't read enough Deadpool yet. But I love Brubaker's Captain America and Iron Fist.
I've been meaning to read his Captain. I of course love his Iron Fist. :) I hope the live action series is great.

Avaitor

I haven't seen Argo, but I wanted to vote for something this match. It is in my queue, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Results:

Match 17:

Argo - 7
Hard-Boiled - 17
Raging Bull - 11
Captain America: The First Avenger - 15

Match 18:

Serenity - 11
Hitchcock - 6
The Cabin in the Woods - 3
Copland - 10

Hard-Boiled, Captain America: The First Avenger, Serenity, & Copland move on to round 2.

Round 1: Match 19

Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

VS.

In Bruges

VS.

The Saragossa Manuscript

VS.

The Descent

Round 1: Match 20

Kung-Fu Hustle

VS.

Love Exposure

VS.

There Will Be Blood

VS.

Chinatown

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Kung-Fu Hustle
Chinatown
There Will Be Blood
Love Exposure

Foggle

I'm excited to see my two favorite films of all time get completely clobbered!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, nobody has voted on the first match yet, so In Bruges has chances just as good as any other.

I'm not the biggest fan of TWBB, myself (it's one of those films that I respect more than I enjoy), but since it's a well-loved film, I expect it to go through.

Avaitor

I don't think that I can vote for either match, actually. :sweat:
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 15, 2015, 06:59:18 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of TWBB, myself (it's one of those films that I respect more than I enjoy), but since it's a well-loved film, I expect it to go through.
The other one was Love Exposure. ;) In Bruges does actually have a chance, to be fair.

If given enough time I might be able to vote, but I'll have to re-watch Chinatown, Kung Fu Hustle, and The Descent, and I've never seen Little Shop of Horrors or The Saragossa Manuscript.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on May 15, 2015, 07:01:01 PM
I don't think that I can vote for either match, actually. :sweat:
Same.

Gonna pass.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist