Harvey Beaks

Started by Mr. Big, March 29, 2015, 01:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on September 17, 2016, 01:41:07 AMI haven't got around to this one yet, but it sounds like it was Greenblatt's decision to end it soon, but it also seems like Nick wasn't really pushing it to begin with.

Yeah, that's pretty much the problem. Nick didn't outright cancel it, EDIT: Never mind. They cancelled it themselves. but Greenblatt was working on that show for years (he'd been developing it while Chowder was still airing), and watching Nick practically shove it in the backburner likely deflated his interest to continue producing it.

Daikun

The show might not end after all. It's up in the air whether or not Nick picks up a new season. If it does, though, Greenblatt might not be involved.

LumRanmaYasha

It would be a shame for the show to end after only two seasons, but then again, who knows if it would still be as good without Greenblatt's involvement. I guess we'll see what Nick decides.

Daikun

New episode this Saturday at 11:30AM.

Daxdiv

Turns out that the final episodes of Harvey Beaks are gonna air on Nicktoons now. Guess who isn't happy about that news.[url]

Spark Of Spirit

It's well known that Nick has absolutely no idea what they're doing. If it isn't an already established franchise, they simply don't push it. The show could have done really well if only it had been given any sort of focus, and there really isn't any argument that it got any. 15 hours of total airtime is abysmal.

Personally, I was surprised it even got a second season.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Nick needs to rethink their programming and promotional decisions when it comes to their cartoons, otherwise they'll never be able to find or nurture the next Spongebob-level hit.

I feel really bad for Greenblatt. This is the second time a network has cancelled his show after a promising start, this time before it even had a chance to truly take off. Based on his comments, it doesn't seem like he'll be working with Nick again. Wherever he goes next, I hope the next project he works on will be treated better.

Spark Of Spirit

At least it got to 52 episodes and never fell off a cliff. I'd definitely be more interested in his next show after this one. It was a real surprise.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

In his other Tumblr asks, he did mention that most of his problems are with the network itself rather than the animation studio. He can still be bitter about Chowder all he wants, but at least Cartoon Network promoted the series end, unlike Nick that decided to shove it to Nicktoons Network, where it feels like all the shows they don't like will die on there. Being CH Greenblatt is suffering.

This news does kinda make me worry about The Loud House, but I did hear that they renewed it for a 3rd season.

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 07, 2016, 01:05:21 AMThis news does kinda make me worry about The Loud House, but I did hear that they renewed it for a 3rd season.

Yeah, I think that show will be fine. They promoted the hell out of it just for its premiere alone, giving it a whole month of premieres as soon as the show started.

Like it or not, I'm gonna support the hell out of TLH. If this is what it'll take to get the network's focus off that damn sponge (hey, it got 3 seasons greenlit in half a year), then so be it.

Avaitor

It really is time for Nickelodeon to have a hit that isn't the sponge or the turtles. They can't rely on those forever.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The story made Cartoon Brew.

They live off franchises made back in the 50s, 80s, and 90s. Nick hasn't had an animated hit they built themselves in almost 20 years. That's beyond pathetic. Just like the fact that they even bother to continue making FOP episodes.

Is it any wonder they went back to the Arnold and Rocko well? I'm surprised they've been all but ignoring Rugrats during all this too. It's still their only classic show sitting unreleased without any rights issues.

Peanutbutter

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on November 07, 2016, 06:11:46 PM
The story made Cartoon Brew.

They live off franchises made back in the 50s, 80s, and 90s. Nick hasn't had an animated hit they built themselves in almost 20 years. That's beyond pathetic. Just like the fact that they even bother to continue making FOP episodes.

Is it any wonder they went back to the Arnold and Rocko well? I'm surprised they've been all but ignoring Rugrats during all this too. It's still their only classic show sitting unreleased without any rights issues.

What's really pathetic is how they managed to stay on top this long, when they could have fizzled out in ratings a lot sooner. If CN started in the 80s first before Nick came along, they would be getting slaughtered with their current model.

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Based on what I've been seeing, I don't think Greenblatt is doing all that well, and considering how Nickelodeon screwed him over, I don't blame him. I hope that he gets some help.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/